We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can't get makeup to stay on my face

(16 Posts)
Pumperthepumper Sun 10-Apr-16 15:11:18

I put makeup on every morning and five minutes later it doesn't look like I have any on at all. I have tried loads of different products and It's like it just slides off my face. What am I doing wrong?

Kirriemuir Sun 10-Apr-16 16:21:14

Do you wear primer?

Do you let your moisturiser sink in for a good 5-10 minutes?

Pumperthepumper Sun 10-Apr-16 16:32:13

No and no, and I use loads of moisturiser. I bet that would help, thanks!

Gillybobs Sun 10-Apr-16 16:40:05

I have this issue unless I use longwear products. For me the products that stay on are EsteeLauder Doublewear foundation, Mac Pro longwear eyeliner, Clinique power lash mascara and Benefit benetint liquid blusher. Anything else just vanishes

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 10-Apr-16 16:42:34

Moisturiser on at least 20 mins before applying make up.

Then some primer- Lanacane works really well.

Maybe a swirl of powder to set it.

MotherOfMinions Sun 10-Apr-16 16:46:35

Me too. Use Lanacane as a primer and Estée Lauder powder lightly. Makes a difference.

MrsBertMacklin Sun 10-Apr-16 16:47:41

Agree x3 with 20 minutes for moisturiser to absorb.

Powder is vital. On days where I really need it to last, Wayne Goss technique is the nuts.

JollyXmasJumper Sun 10-Apr-16 16:53:50

Yes to waiting 20 min after putting moisturizer (I use that time for breakfast). Then remove the excess with a cotton pad. Apply primer and use powder on top of liquid foundation. In the summer I also use Urban decay's fixing spray on top of it all. Works wonders!

Pumperthepumper Sun 10-Apr-16 16:55:26

Oh this is brilliant! Thanks very much, would never have thought of powder first!

IoraRua Sun 10-Apr-16 17:30:28

Powder first before primer is great. Also if you really need it glued in place, a setting spray is great - urban decay are excellent but the nyx one is good too.

JollyXmasJumper Sun 10-Apr-16 18:04:51

Ooh, powder first?? How does that combine with primer? I have always done primer then liquid foundation then powder, but if I can get a more efficient way to glue it all to my face I will use that!

DarkBlueEyes Sun 10-Apr-16 18:10:15

Lanacane? For vaginal itching? FPMSL that's a great autocorrect!

I have this issue too, especially with eye make up. the other day I put eye liner on and two hours later it was on my brow bone...

BUT the other day I used Bobbi Brown eyeshadow primer and the shadow lasted ALL DAY! I kid you not! (faints). And I always use waterproof mascara, otherwise it ends up under my eyes. Even long lasting stuff doesn't last on me sadly.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 10-Apr-16 18:12:28

No, not the lanacane for itching, the one for chaffing- exactly the same ingredients as the mega expensive smash box primerm

IoraRua Sun 10-Apr-16 19:24:25

I've never had a problem with powder first, I find it gives me a great base for primer. No problems with the primer sticking to my skin, the powder just helps it grip on ime. Just as long as I've used the Goss method! Tbh sometimes I don't use primer at all once I've used powder, and my skin does get quite oily.

DarkBlueEyes Sun 10-Apr-16 19:53:56

Omg really!? I thought it was lancome! Who knew?

CoolToned Sun 10-Apr-16 20:52:33

Me! My face seems to eat most foundations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now