Talk

Advanced search

Boots Botanics BB Cream users - what are you using now?

(18 Posts)
MrsMarigold Sun 10-Apr-16 09:17:47

It has been discontinued, hasn't it? I'm coming to the end of my stash and desperately need an alternative I don't really want to go back to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser or Chantecaille because they are both really expensive, anyone got anything else they would recommend?

mowglik Sun 10-Apr-16 11:55:54

What shade are you? I have a medium Boots botanic bb cream that I'm not using (used 4/5 times). Happy to send it to you if it's your shade?

MrsMarigold Sun 10-Apr-16 13:12:59

Yes please mowglik I'll pm you my address.

dragonsarebest Sun 10-Apr-16 14:15:03

I'm still using up my Botanics one (takes me forever to use things up), but seem to be ok with the Kiehls BB cream, and the Bourjois CC cream is also ok but def more like a fdtn.

slinkysaluki Sun 10-Apr-16 16:02:25

Really fed up they've discontinued this product. It seems popular so why have they done it ? I really liked it it suited my skin and made it look glowing and fresh and that's no mean feat at 47. Watching thread as also interested in replacement.

borntobequiet Sun 10-Apr-16 16:30:16

I stopped using Boots cosmetics products years ago because no sooner than I found something I liked they discontinued it or improved it out of all recognition. I moved to using Clinique because they keep going with most of their products - I buy very little so the expense isn't too bad. Really don't know what a BB cream is but Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisturiser makes my awful skin look OK - almost good - and lasts ages.

borntobequiet Sun 10-Apr-16 16:31:04

"improved"

pussinboots61 Sun 10-Apr-16 17:53:22

Borntobequiet, I second Clinique tinted moisturiser. I like the O4 shade, it is a bit dark but anything lighter looks too pale on me for a tinted moisturiser. Which shade do you use?

Clinique have discontinued a lot.of their foundations in the past though. I also like No7 but they discontinued my favourite lipstick and publisher.

pussinboots61 Sun 10-Apr-16 17:54:33

I mean blusher. Predictive text.

ifigoup Sun 10-Apr-16 17:59:11

Boots 17 range has a BB cream which is quite similar to the Botanics one. I find it gives very good coverage while still allowing my skin to breathe.

(I know 17 is targeted at teenagers, but I have no shame on that account.)

borntobequiet Sun 10-Apr-16 18:06:22

I use 03, I particularly like the fact that it gives me some colour in the Winter and is transparent enough to not look too pale when I've got a bit of colour in the Summer. I haven't found another product which works all year round for me! I hope they don't ever discontinue it...

val4 Sun 10-Apr-16 18:35:12

I replaced it with Garnier BB cream medium. find it really good.

bishboschone Sun 10-Apr-16 19:14:00

I am so upset it's been discontinued ! I'm a medium if anyone else has a tube they might like to send me ( begging emotion ) I have a tube of light if anyone else is desperate ! I bought the 17 one and it's not the same ! 😩😩

RalphSteadmansEye Sun 10-Apr-16 20:03:32

Agree with Garnier one. It smells so nice, too. I'm light in Garnier and Boots Botanics and the colours matched up well.

bishboschone Sun 10-Apr-16 20:49:57

There are some medium on eBay ( also light ) if anyone needs some . I've been checking and some more have been listed !

ygritte2 Sun 10-Apr-16 22:24:30

Superdrug B confident cc cream in light.Although I also bought the medium for summer as it isn't much different.Half price at the moment.

evelynj Sun 10-Apr-16 22:45:51

Another vote For the 17 bb cream-it's really great!

MrsMarigold Mon 11-Apr-16 09:09:34

Thanks and a special thanks to mowglik.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now