Talk

Advanced search

Please give me hairstyle suggestions

(9 Posts)
zippyswife Sat 09-Apr-16 20:08:12

I really need some style inspiration!!Have very thick coarse hair that needs to be ghd' to be tamed. I had very long hair for years, chopped it off and have gown it to just below shoulder length. It's dry and split and all one length. Naturally red/brown with no real grey yet. I have an appointment booked this week but I don't know what to ask for.... Please any ideas?

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 20:24:46

I normally have a graduated bob. Last cut I had a choppy bob and have recieved a lot of compliments.

Lots of people hate bobs because they think they are hard work. I spend 5/10 minutes with the GHDS in the morning and I'm good to go. So of you're using the GHD's anyway it won't be anymore work.

My is just below chin level. Anything shorter makes my face look rounder and anything longer annoys me as it touches collars etc and goes out of shape.

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 20:25:42

My hair is also very thick and my hairdresser thins it out.

zippyswife Sat 09-Apr-16 20:37:48

Do you have any photos of the kind of choppy bob you mean? I went for a lob about this time last year but it's just felt a bit nothingy- I chickened out of going for a shorter bob at the time- I have a square face- strong jaw I wasn't sure I could pull it off.

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 21:03:43

Like this. When I do it.

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 21:05:22

But my hairdresser styled it more like this but I can't achieve the messy look without looking like I've just got out of bed so I go for the sleek look.

zippyswife Sat 09-Apr-16 21:09:47

Yes that's my problem. I can only do sleek as my hair is so crazy I need to really straighten the hell out of it. I really like that but not sure I have face for it!

HanHanHanHan Sat 09-Apr-16 21:20:45

A quick Google suggests you're right; "a bob can look severe on people who have square jaws".

Apparently you need a more 'top heavy' bob but I the ones I saw required the 'messy look'.

So the only thing I've achieved is prove what you already knew; you don't suit a bob.

Sorry for being no help whatsoever! Hope someone comes along who can be helpful. smile

zippyswife Sun 10-Apr-16 17:01:40

Thanks for your help though!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now