Talk

Advanced search

Best mascara to get married in?

(14 Posts)
maggiethemagpie Sat 09-Apr-16 17:21:01

I'm looking for a really good mascara that'll last the day, no smudging, volumising/high impact... I don't like cheap brands so will happily pay a higher price for the beauty counter type ones, any ideas?

Soapmaker34 Sat 09-Apr-16 17:23:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

maggiethemagpie Sat 09-Apr-16 17:28:03

It's such a minefield out there that I'm looking for suggestions! I tried a clinique chubby lash mascara the other day but it was so clumpy I took it back.

SaigonSaigon Sat 09-Apr-16 17:31:03

Diorshow mascara's are lush. If they weren't £25 a pop, I'd buy regularly. See if you could get a tester from a Dior counter to see if you liked it?

Clockstooticky Sat 09-Apr-16 17:32:52

Blinc tube mascara can't smudge or run! It's a revelation!

maggiethemagpie Sat 09-Apr-16 17:36:15

Thanks Saigon, is there a particular dior one you recommend?

LazySusan11 Sat 09-Apr-16 17:38:04

Clinique power lash is great, tubing mascara. Doesn't smudge and doesn't come off until you remove with warm water. No panda eyes!

Yseulte Sat 09-Apr-16 17:49:02

Hypnose waterproof.

SunnySeaShore Sat 09-Apr-16 21:28:10

I've recently bought Bourjois Push Up mascara - recommended by Sali Hughes- as a cheaper option to Lancome. I really like it and think they may do a waterproof one. Lots of volume and no clumping and doesn't flake off.

MrsT2007 Sat 09-Apr-16 21:29:36

Yes no clumps and waterproof in case of tears and for later on if the reception room is warm/dancing etc

JackandDiane Sat 09-Apr-16 21:31:10

dior agree

Destinysdaughter Sat 09-Apr-16 21:39:04

Agree with Clinique Lash Power. Doesn't come off at all!

Dozyoldtwonk Sat 09-Apr-16 21:43:32

Another vote here for Clinique Lash Power. Stays on all day, never smudges & super easy to remove. I've used it for years & have not found a mascara to better it. Recently tried out a Chanel & YSL faux cils but neither came anywhere close.

ShadowsCollideIsSurroundedByAd Sat 09-Apr-16 21:55:09

Absolutely second Dior Diorshow. It's the only mascara I wear (in black 090). It gives me gorgeous long, thick lashes, and doesn't clump. And it's bulletproof. I've worn it to weddings and funerals and the copious tears shed haven't budged it an inch. In fact, the only downside is that even with decent eye make up remover, it takes ages to get off! I'm getting married this year and will be wearing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now