Talk

Advanced search

Classy wedding in August...what should I wear havent a clue???

(16 Posts)
ukgirlatheart Sat 09-Apr-16 15:36:34

Going to a posh small hotel wedding..havent a clue what to wear. Please help

Jaimx86 Sat 09-Apr-16 18:27:35

What's your budget?

Yseulte Sat 09-Apr-16 18:33:38

What size/shape are you?

ukgirlatheart Sat 09-Apr-16 18:46:48

It was more ...what do people wear to weddings nowadays not been to one for years!!! Any budget really but not stupid. Size 12 ( small waist large bust) am suppose an apple im also 48 😊

Yseulte Sat 09-Apr-16 19:05:06

Ted Baker, Coast, Phase Eight and Reiss are good for wedding stuff.

Something like this or this

Yseulte Sat 09-Apr-16 19:10:11

Or this?

ukgirlatheart Sat 09-Apr-16 19:23:50

Cant wear anything tight across the bust as quite boobie blush saying that I do like the black dress

bluejasmin Sat 09-Apr-16 19:24:01

As its a summer wedding and in a hotel I would go for a dress .
You would be better off going to a large department store like house of Fraser as you can try several brands/styles together .
I think a lot of department stores offer a free personal shopper now so you could book an appointment they are very good and know the stock well.
Floral is always a safe bet for a wedding . It's hard to know without knowing your preferred styles
T K maxx is good for designers at a discount if you can be bothered to hunt through or you could even hire a designer dress if you wanted something like that .

ukgirlatheart Sat 09-Apr-16 19:25:42

So would you wear through to yhe evening aswell

Pinkcadillac Sat 09-Apr-16 19:57:01

this is lovely
www.whistles.com/women/clothing/dresses/watercolour-organza-dress-21985.html?dwvar_watercolour-organza-dress-21985_color=Pink%2FMulti#start=1 or this from Pepperberry is boobage is an issue www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/sale/dresses/occasion-and-party-dresses/fleur-dress/navy/pd446nvy/?page=3
in a completely different style I love this www.viviennewestwood.com/shop/womens/clothing/dresses/blue-eight-dress

ukgirlatheart Sat 09-Apr-16 20:04:53

Now yr talking...pinkcadalac. I love the Whistles one colour is gorgeous also love the Bravissimo style particularly the bottom

Jaimx86 Sat 09-Apr-16 20:35:57

I think the Self Portrait dresses are gorgeous. If I was going to a wedding I'd wear one of those.

bluejasmin Sat 09-Apr-16 20:40:25

I second self portrait .
I would wear the same throughout ceremony and evening , maybe change accessories for the evening or put some big earrings on and a stack of bangles

lalalonglegs Sat 09-Apr-16 21:32:24

A bit leftfield but how about a jumpsuit: this one would emphasise your waist and play down the boobage; and so does this one.

ukgirlatheart Sat 09-Apr-16 23:07:32

Will check out Self Portrait love the large print jump suit but not sure gir a wedding but def for my summer hols smile

ukgirlatheart Sat 09-Apr-16 23:12:43

Self portrait styke alittle too quirky for me but thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now