Talk

Advanced search

Ted Baker

(28 Posts)
SoThatHappened Sat 09-Apr-16 15:17:18

Is it considered a crap chav brand?

Madbengalmum Sat 09-Apr-16 15:20:14

It is not one i would spend on. I see odd things that are ok, but i think it is generally overpriced and average, but that is my opinion. I would sooner pay more for quality.

TSSDNCOP Sat 09-Apr-16 15:40:10

I disagree. In fact a strongly disagree. The current collection is beautiful and in my experience the clothes are well-made and clean well. It is expensive but it is in the same category as KM, Coast, Whistles, Hobbs and LKB so you'd be silly to expect Top Shop prices.

notamummy10 Sat 09-Apr-16 15:44:20

Since when can chavs afford Ted Baker prices?

I saw a really nice floral dress by them but I almost cried at the price tag (£185) sad

I do want a Ted Baker purse though (you know the one with metal clasps, that looks like balls grin). Alongside a Michael Kors Tote Bag, I fell in love with it when I went to Selfridges on Tuesday)

TSSDNCOP Sat 09-Apr-16 15:49:39

I have one of those purses. Bought by my BF 10 years ago and still going strong.

Pisssssedofff Sat 09-Apr-16 15:55:24

My cream coloured cost is from TB was £££ but it's only needed dry cleaning once in three years, looks immaculate, no lost buttons etc

WhatamessIgotinto Sat 09-Apr-16 15:55:33

I also disagree. I have a beautiful dress from Ted B and it's a better fabric and better made than a Westwood dress I have.

Pisssssedofff Sat 09-Apr-16 15:55:47

Coat even

darceybussell Sat 09-Apr-16 15:59:37

I had one of those purses too, the metal clasps used to set off the metal detectors in every shop I went into!

TSSDNCOP Sat 09-Apr-16 16:06:53

Blimey darcey what a bore. I can only conclude that my spiritual home's Bluewater detectors are a lot crapper as it's never happened to me.

Pippin8 Sat 09-Apr-16 16:09:05

I have this in black & it's such good quality. It smooths out all my lumps & bumps & makes me feel a million dollars.

SoThatHappened Sat 09-Apr-16 21:28:09

Since when can chavs afford Ted Baker prices?

They could afford Burberry prices grin

I ordered a gorgeous mac from there and I have one dress from there.

I love their linings and dresses fit me well.

notamummy10 Sun 10-Apr-16 11:19:22

SoThatHappened good point... Same with Juicy Couture and Von Dutch.

But nope, I don't think Ted Baker is a chav brand! It's probably the fact that the tacky shopping bags are quite cheap.

SoThatHappened Sun 10-Apr-16 15:02:45

Yes the shopping bags are awful. But at £29 I guess lots can afford them.

cashmerecardigans Sun 10-Apr-16 17:11:06

It's very pretty but I do resent paying nearly £200 for a polyester dress. Having said that, I've just ordered a lovely swimsuit with proper sized cups which was £80, but got it at 20% off, so not too horrendous.

SoThatHappened Sun 10-Apr-16 17:44:07

I ordered a mac from there it is gorgeous bugt wouldnt have bought it unless I got the 20% off.

I wouldnt buy the dresses unless on sale.

CakeNinja Sun 10-Apr-16 18:01:34

It's my favourite shop!
I think I dress quite nicely.
Most of my favourite clothes come from there. I hate shopping, do most of it online. their sizes for me are consistent.
Its my staples shop - would be lost without it!

JimmyGreavesMoustache Sun 10-Apr-16 18:08:04

i quite like Ted Baker, but think it's overpriced. i have been ogling one of their coats for ages, but am waiting for it to come into the sale. it's £300, and I'll get it if it hits £200. I noticed that Clare Balding was wearing one yesterday for the Grand National coverage - same as I want only hers had contrasting lapels.

waceystills Sun 10-Apr-16 18:46:53

I would put Ted Baker in the same realm of Michael Kors.

Loved by many, disliked by a few.

FellOutOfBedTwice Sun 10-Apr-16 18:52:58

My wedding shoes were Ted Baker. Most beautiful shoes I've ever owned. Also the most uncomfortable... But I love them!

ouryve Sun 10-Apr-16 18:54:15

The colours and the polyester don't appeal to me. It appears to be geared towards orange people who never sweat.

Hulababy Sun 10-Apr-16 18:56:31

I like their dresses and they fit me well.

I am not a "chav" as the OP puts it!

Don't people just choose clothes they like, feel nice in and they can afford happily? Fortunately I don't feel the need to follow some set style and beauty rules made up by random people!

Hulababy Sun 10-Apr-16 18:58:17

ouryve - nothing orange about me either!

ouryve Sun 10-Apr-16 19:07:21

OK, orange was a bit extreme, but there's never anything that suits my colouring. I'm one of those people who suits washed out Fatface shades, though!

Hulababy Sun 10-Apr-16 19:09:10

Have to admit that most of my TB dresses are black! As is my coat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now