Changing style after having a baby

(3 Posts)
TurtleEclipseofTheHeart Sat 09-Apr-16 14:48:24

Please help- I need a makeover! Pre-pregnancy I was somewhere between an hourglass and a pear and used to wear a lot of stretchy pencil skirts with pussybow blouses, Peter Pan collar tops etc, or 50s style full skirts. I like to think I got away with it and had a kind of retro look, although I always struggled with non-work clothes as I just don't look that good in jeans.
Now I have a wobbly tummy, huge boobs and look matronly and frumpy in just about everything. I want to look fairly sophisticated and a bit 50s/60s. I'm a 14 on top and 16 on bottom and 5'8. I live in Breton tops and skinny jeans which don't look great but kind of work. I've shopped in Lindybop or secondhand quite a lot in the past but now I feel perhaps I need some more stylish, flattering basics with a vintage edge. Any ideas for styles or shops please?

Howtocatchastar Sat 09-Apr-16 18:42:38

Rock n Romance have some lovely vintage inspired clothing.

www.rocknromance.co.uk

TurtleEclipseofTheHeart Sun 10-Apr-16 07:47:32

Thanks! I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer wear full skirts as they make me look like Kirsty Allsop. So until I lose some baby weight I need to move away from those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now