Talk

Advanced search

WTF M&S?

(20 Posts)
Cerseirys Sat 09-Apr-16 08:32:18

Saw these beauties on their site this morning. Exactly who is buying these items? Even worse, they're by Limited Collection, who used to do some nice stuff back in the day.

blueskyinmarch Sat 09-Apr-16 08:33:58

Loads of shops have those wide cropped trousers in at the moment, not just M&S. They are horrible.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sat 09-Apr-16 08:36:44

The middle ones aren't TOO bad. I could see DM in the green ones. The first ones are awful, but "the fashion" I do believe.

Empressa Sat 09-Apr-16 08:58:13

Actually the first ones are very on trend.

Just proves you can't please everyone all of the time smile

OOAOML Sat 09-Apr-16 09:08:57

These are on trend? Thank goodness I'm not!

Cerseirys Sat 09-Apr-16 09:13:51

The first ones are reduced from £30 to £3, which I guess shows that being on trend doesn't really reflect what their customer base wants!

Agree with the PP who said the green ones might be suited to their DM, so maybe M&S should put them in Classic Collection instead!

niminypiminy Sat 09-Apr-16 09:40:48

I like the first ones!

I think we've had the cropped flare/wide leg conversation before. It's ok not to be fashion-forward, though personally I'm heartily sick of skinny jeans. Time for a change! And I'm old enough to remember successive waves of 'I'll never wear that/that shape will never suit anyone'.

Cerseirys Sat 09-Apr-16 09:42:31

I think they'd be better if they were full length, the cropped is not flattering to anyone!

Euphemia Sat 09-Apr-16 09:55:35

I have a young, skinny colleague who could make the first pair look good. The others are horrendous.

Floisme Sat 09-Apr-16 12:10:10

I don't have those but I did buy some wide leg crop jeans from Limited Collection after niminy linked them on a previous thread <waves> Who wrote the law that said trousers should only be full length? I never see these conversations about sleeves. I have what the victorians would have termed a nicely turned ankle - in fact,even better, I have two - and with crops I can show them off.

Like niminy, I remember everyone swearing they would never, ever wear skinnies and yet look at us now. I'm glad there are people who follow every trend - it makes going out more interesting.

notamummy10 Sat 09-Apr-16 12:15:35

It's the fashion at the moment, although shops like New Look and River Island have more flattering versions. I wouldn't personally wear them as my hips are already big without the help of clothing; skinny jeans are more my style especially the ankle grazers with ripped knees grin

niminypiminy Sat 09-Apr-16 12:26:14

<waves back>

I'm wearing my M&S cropped wide leg jeans at this very moment!

The first ones look like someone accidentally put on their 9 year old DD's school trousers. grin

I should add a disclaimer that I am always about 2 years behind the latest styles...I was one of the last people to begrudgingly trade in my boot-cut jeans for skinnies a few years back.

Floisme Sat 09-Apr-16 13:06:39

It's not been warm enough here yet for baring ankles niminy but looking forward to it!

I'm pleased to say I'm beginning to spot people wearing some of the new shapes, even though it's not exactly fashion forward where I live.

maggiethemagpie Sat 09-Apr-16 17:23:51

Either M and S really have lost the plot or they create these bizzare attempts at fashion in a 'no publicity is bad publicity' way knowing they will be talked about?

Bonkers whichever way you look at it

Floisme Sat 09-Apr-16 17:33:25

Well yes, fashion can be pretty bizarre and bonkers sometimes. But that's why I like it.

FadedRed Sat 09-Apr-16 17:38:27

Oh dear me...........<<walks off, shaking head>>

notamummy10 Sat 09-Apr-16 17:44:19

I've been baring ankles for nearly a week now... They are currently cold and wet. sad

It's not just M&S selling these style of trousers/jeans, everywhere is selling them. The difference is that M&S has an older demographic than New Look/Topshop/River Island etc so perhaps they are thinking that people aren't wanting a slimmer fit. However it's fashion, the trend will die out at some point. Like bomber jackets have made a comeback this year!

Greengardenpixie Sat 09-Apr-16 17:48:25

This trend has been in before. I remember having a pair but not so flared. I had a pair from next many years ago that were cropped flare. I don't mind them but those particular ones are hideous. They look like a stretchy polyester material. The colour of them is shit too. Much more flattering in black and a different material imo.

FurryDogMother Sat 09-Apr-16 17:52:23

Ah, the original Star Trek look smile Best worn with pointy ears!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now