Talk

Advanced search

Help finding these nice Aintree outfits!

(15 Posts)
WitteryTwittery Fri 08-Apr-16 15:28:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PreAdvent13610 Fri 08-Apr-16 16:37:27

Knew I had seen this one yesterday whilst looking for dresses for dreams daughter, sadly it is out of stock.

AveEldon Fri 08-Apr-16 16:50:57

The sequin top is Coast
The skirt may also be Coast

AveEldon Fri 08-Apr-16 16:52:01

www.coast-stores.com/p/dorianna-sequin-ombre-top/1566565

PreAdvent13610 Fri 08-Apr-16 16:56:07

Grey skirt is coast here

WitteryTwittery Sat 09-Apr-16 10:25:41

ohforfoxsake Sat 09-Apr-16 10:43:14

Coast have brilliant customer service. If it's out of stock ring them (and also the Coast outlet stores). I was after a dress for a friend, they searched for me and found one, shipped it from Ireland (it was in an outlet and heavily discounted too!)

blodynmawr Sat 09-Apr-16 11:11:15

Glad that folks have sourced the clothes for you OP and thanks for the +ve Aintree thread to counter the breath-taking negativity on the other one smile.

trufflesnout Sat 09-Apr-16 16:00:02

I liked the girls on either end of this photograph best. The dress on the left looks similar to some I've seen in Topshop but the one on the right is the sort of thing I could look for for days and never find one as pretty.

WitteryTwittery Sat 09-Apr-16 16:35:22

bojorojo Sat 09-Apr-16 16:50:42

The problem with the outfits photographed at Aintree is that many are more suitable for a summer wedding. It felt like 5 degrees there on Thursday. There are lots of women, of all ages, who look dreadful. Until you have actually been there, you would not believe it. Lots of girls pose for the press photographers and clearly dress to get attention. And they do. It really depends on what you actually think is an appropriate way to dress to go horse racing in early April. The smartest ladies wore coats and looked wonderful. Sadly the press disagree. I fail to see how it is smart to wear a gold long sequinned dress to watch steeplechasing?

trufflesnout Sat 09-Apr-16 16:53:30

Yes, far too white for a wedding guest, oops. I forgot about that criteria when I was admiring them Wittery!

I agree bojorojo. I think if I ever went to the races (so unlikely it's laughable I'm even thinking about it) I think I'd be in a big coat, tailored trousers and some ankle boots.

Runningupthathill82 Sat 09-Apr-16 17:17:50

Love love love that Coast outfit with the sequin crop top.

Asos does a similar skirt - it's not quite as lovely but it is half the price:
m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos/asos-full-midi-skirt-in-metallic-with-dip-back/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5740257&clr=Silver&SearchQuery=skirt&pgesize=21&pge=0&totalstyles=21&gridsize=2&gridrow=1&gridcolumn=2&un_jtt_application_platform=newPlp&un_jtt_redirect

Jaimx86 Sat 09-Apr-16 17:25:21

That's my friend in the middle Truffle. Can you believe she's in her 30s-looks amazing!

DiscoDancer Sat 09-Apr-16 22:45:58

I have that Coast top, am looking for a skirt like the one in the photo but of an even length all around if anyone has seen one and also full length....not midi

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now