Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm bored of Double Wear. Alternatives?

(17 Posts)
peachypips Thu 07-Apr-16 11:31:12

Hi all.
For the last ten years I've used Double Wear. It is the only foundation that lasts all day and covers my spots.
However, is there anything else new out there that I don't know about? I am bored and want to try something new.
My criteria:
1. Very good coverage- I have terrible skin.
2. Lasts a 6am- 7pm London workday.
3. I have very very greasy skin- must not slide or turn shiny, so something a bit mattifying.
4. I want to look flawless and glowing but realise this may not be possible with the mattifying issue!
Thank you!

lemonade30 Thu 07-Apr-16 11:33:31

You could try Clarins Everlasting.

It's certainly glowier than the double wear, I'm unsure if it's quite as mattifying although I think the overall texture and coverage is nicer.

Smells of watermelon too if you like that kind of thing.

peachypips Thu 07-Apr-16 14:15:31

I'd wondered about Clarins. I like their skincare and I think foundation falls under that category more than make up. It's the texture that is bothering me most about double wear, so that could be a goer.

OuchLegoHurts Thu 07-Apr-16 18:08:16

Pro long wear by Mac. Amazing! Could stay on for days and great full coverage while looking really natural.

peachypips Thu 07-Apr-16 19:46:57

Oooo and a MAC shop has just opened here in Exeter. I've been too scared to go in yet due to not being trendy but I might brave it!

LovelyBranches Thu 07-Apr-16 19:49:29

I came on to say Clarins Everlasting, far better than ELDW in my opinion. Better still if you use shu uemura underbase bb mouse underneath it.

Marking my place as I stopped using double wear last year as I was finding it settled in my crows feet hmm still not found a good alternative although I've mostly been trying the cheaper brands that I see recommended on here. Anyone tried the Clinique Beyind Perfecting? I went to try to get a sample on Sunday but neither of the Clinique counters in my town had a consultant on them so gave up.

Kirriemuir Thu 07-Apr-16 21:01:11

I am using tarte foundation at the moment. You get it off qvc.

Wolpertinger Fri 08-Apr-16 08:10:48

Different tack - what have you done for your spots? Spots loathe Doublewear foundation as it's so difficult to cleanse, it's the first thing a derm will tell you to get rid of.

If you had better skin, you could use better foundation. Plus your skin is prob amazing in between the spots as oily skin usually looks lovely and it's a shame to cover it up.

Fairylea Fri 08-Apr-16 08:17:24

I used to work for Clinique (part of Estée Lauder) everyone used to stay away from double wear because it was well known for making spots much worse. I've tried just about everything and my faves frequently change. My current favourite is actually Revlon oil free 24 hour foundation, it's about £12 and I think it's fantastic. You don't think it's going to cover because it's quite thin but it works really well and is completely oil free too which is great.

CoolToned Fri 08-Apr-16 12:42:20

Shiseido Synchro Lasting.

Anjelika Fri 08-Apr-16 13:52:41

I have tried a lot of alternatives to DW (like English Girl I find it settles into my lines). I haven't found any which are a good enough replacement ON THEIR OWN for me - some too greasy, some too "flat", some don't give enough coverage and some don't last all day. However, in a lightbulb moment, I tried mixing the Face Atelier Ultra Foundation (which I quite liked on its own but found my nose quickly went shiny) with Double Wear (just put a blob of each on my hand and used the end of a brush to mix) and hey presto, I seem to have retained all the things I like about DW (long lasting, not greasy yet gives a glow) without it settling into the lines around my eyes. You can buy samples of the Face Atelier foundation from Coco Beau to try it. I have loads of other samples - Dior, Clinique, MAC, which were free from the counters - so might try mixing my DW with them to see how that goes.

peachypips Fri 08-Apr-16 16:39:40

Unfortunately my spots are caused by my anti-mad medication (bipolar) and I can't seem to get rid of them. I would love to be rid of them and use a lighter foundation, but I don't think they will go unless I stop my meds, which would be bad for everyone!

OuchLegoHurts Sat 09-Apr-16 09:48:10

Can't believe so few people use Mac pro long wear! I get lots of comments on my 'good skin' but I actually hate my skin but my foundation is just excellent. Go into your new Mac shop and give it a go! They're usually very helpful in there and they'll apply it for you

Twinkenteen Sat 09-Apr-16 10:00:36

I'm having the same issue. Trying to get away from double wear as I find it makes my spots much worse. Currently I am using Laura Mercier oil free photo finish foundation. Much nicer consistency, lasts all day with excellent coverage. I'm a huge fan! I use primer under it to ensure it lasts all day in an office but it works without too.

suchafuss Sat 09-Apr-16 10:20:07

Can't believe that I purchased DW last week to find out now it makes spots worse! I thought my skin seemed to be getting a break outshock

Kelsoooo Sat 09-Apr-16 10:25:10

Everyone complaining of it DW giving spots: are you double cleansing?

I use DW and double cleanse to remove it all. Oil first and the. Hot cloth cleansing.

DW is water resistant so it's hard to remove which is what causes the spots because you're not getting it all off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now