Talk

Advanced search

Jeans always end up with crotch halfway down thighs

(5 Posts)
Frangelinaballerina Wed 06-Apr-16 12:50:06

Where am I going wrong? Do I really need to wear a belt as don't get on with them either. Happens with cheap jeans and expensive jeans. Am 5"9, 14 with big hips/muffins top but smaller thighs and waist. Any ideas?

MrsLogicFromViz Wed 06-Apr-16 12:59:49

You could try Levi's Curve ID Bold Curve jeans? They are usually available on eBay, despite being discontinued a while back. They are usually about 2 inches bigger on the waist thand their tagged size.

nearlyovertherainbow Wed 06-Apr-16 14:24:15

My first thought when I read your title was 'I bet she's an apple" and it sounds like you are. Apples are notoriously difficult to dress and not just with jeans unfortunately. I'm guessing you're high waisted with a little bum?... Reasonably skinny legs? This is me. I'm a size, 10, 5ft 8" and people don't understand why I have problems buying clothes because I'm slim, but it's all about shape when it comes to clothes fitting well. Nothing wrong with being an apple, but it's more of a faff and a lot of trial and error. I only have a few pair of jeans for this reason. The best fit I find was either Next (size down from my actual size) and New Look (size up from my actual size) again though, it's trial and error. They don't all fit well. I currently have a pair of dark grey, skinnies (not super skinny) from New Look, which fit well, but I do get the low crotch thing you've mentioned after a while confused I just don't wear them if I'm going to do a lot of walking. I wouldn't recommend high waisted if you are high waisted. Mid rise should be ok.

HTH

whatevva Wed 06-Apr-16 14:37:07

My theory is that it is because there is so much elastane in them these days.

I have a reasonable bum and thin legs (size 12 usually) and the elastic naturally tightens and draws them downwards. The waist is too big and stretchy to prevent the descent.

Marks and Spencers made jeans with darts on the bum that fitted better, but they have reverted to being to being baggy at the back again.

I am looking for a belt. (Hate them - can't get to the loo in time!)

clutterfly Wed 06-Apr-16 22:43:24

I had this problem too. But I discovered that Zara jeans stay up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now