Talk

Advanced search

ASOS. Model Info. Grrrr.

(6 Posts)
TellEmSteveDave Wed 06-Apr-16 09:45:28

Bought a dress for my holiday. It looked indecently short on the model but checked the model info, she's 5'9. I'm (barely) 5'3 so, quite logically in my opinion, concluded that the dress would be somewhere just around the knee for me. Perfect.

It arrived this morning and it barely covers my arse shock confused.

Why do they bother with the model info UNLESS it's so that the customer can use that info to deduce how the item will look on them?

And what ungodly witchcraft did they use to make the same dress appear the same indecent length on two women who are 6 inches different in height??

banivani Wed 06-Apr-16 10:13:16

If Asos started with customer reviews I suspect they'd go bankrupt. :/ I too find their information is shall we say lacking? Just put the actual length of the dress in the description, please!

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Wed 06-Apr-16 10:54:12

I really wish they would do customer reviews! I've given up ordering anything because everything turns out cheap and flimsy and fits weirdly - last year I ordered 3 sundresses to try and had to send every single one back because they were all weird in some way.

banivani Wed 06-Apr-16 12:48:08

I agree. If international returns were free I might chance it but as it is I'm not going down the Asos route again... Don't know how all these bloggers - esp the plus size ones - who are Asos mad do it at all!

jasmine1979 Wed 06-Apr-16 12:49:56

I've found exactly the same recently op. Nearly all the dresses recently have barely covered my arse despite me checking the model info etc first.
I would also so love them to do customer reviews. So many of their products are hit and miss and their sizing is all over the place.
I have always found their customer service to be fantastic though.

MrsLogicFromViz Wed 06-Apr-16 12:57:12

I've always wondered why they shy away from customer reviews when pretty much every other comprable retailer does. I once purchased two ribbed vests and a pair of their skinny jeans and ended up returning the lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now