Talk

Advanced search

Jamberry Nail Wraps

(10 Posts)
throwingpebbles Tue 05-Apr-16 19:30:33

Just curious what you style and beauty lot make of the new Jamberry nail wraps ??

Obviously the business model is terrible see here for more info

but I am also intrigued by the product.... I am a nail chewer blush so know nothing of these things,and am genuinely interested in opinions!

TitusAndromedon Tue 05-Apr-16 19:36:59

I have quite a few friends in the States who are Jamberry consultants, or whatever try call themselves. They were really pushing it about eighteen months ago, but it seems to have dropped off a bit.

In theory, they go on easily enough and last longer than normal nail varnish. In practice, my friends have said they're a bit fiddly and take some time to master, but they definitely last, particularly on toes. My biggest issue with them is that I think they're really cheesy. It's difficult to find any that don't have a print or pattern, and people seem obsessed with changing them to go with the seasons or holidays. Not really my style.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Tue 05-Apr-16 19:37:46

is it not the forever living of the nail world+

throwingpebbles Tue 05-Apr-16 19:39:30

Oh yes majestic the business model smells distinctly of pyramids... But I was also curious about the products themselves.

Kirriemuir Tue 05-Apr-16 20:30:53

My Facebook feed has been full of it the last few weeks. Pisses me off and I have removed myself from the pages I have been added to.

throwingpebbles Tue 05-Apr-16 20:40:00

Timeless just posted this spoof response

Someone is going to be selling them at our local village market... Am kind of inclined to go along with my chewed nails and test them out grin

A lot of the patterns look rather grim to me, but then I don't think anyone would accuse me of being stylish these days so who am I to judge blush

MamaLazarou Tue 05-Apr-16 21:44:32

Patterned nails don't appeal to me at all but I wouldn't buy from a MLM scheme on principle anyway.

throwingpebbles Wed 06-Apr-16 23:44:35

Surely these shiney new Timeless Vie ones are tempting you a little mama ....

RevealTheHiddenBeach Sat 23-Apr-16 09:23:18

I have had a go at using them. I like nail stuff and self admittedly have the tastes of a small child. I have really small nails so got some jamberry juniors on ebay. Not a classy print, but I know you can get classier ones!

They were a mild faff to apply but not frustrating, just took a while. And no drying time. I def found it less stressful than trying to paint a french manicure for instance.

I did them on Monday. I've had to file less than a mm off a couple of nails where thw wrap was lifting a bit, but other than that they've stayed really well.

Not a chance in hell of me joining up as I hate mlms, but I would definitely get the wraps again.

Attached is a picture (once again emphasising the childish tastes!)

MamaLazarou Sat 23-Apr-16 10:00:13

grin throwingpebbles !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now