Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Arghhh, I can't use hairspray, what do I use instead?

(13 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 05-Apr-16 15:26:46

I'm having a terrible time with my hair recently, after years of having a sensitive scalp Loreal shampoo sorted me out and I alternated between that and TBS ginger shampoo. Absolutely fine for about 3 years.

Now I'm getting weird itchy spots near the nape of my neck especially after I wash my hair- no nits, my mum checked me over!!

Tried switching shampoos, going SLS free etc and has made sod all difference!

I've just had a light bulb moment and realised it's probably because I started using hair spray for the first time since the 80's- just a quick spray.

Soooooooo, anyone else had this and what do you use as an alternative? I think I need something a bit more heavy duty than a finishing cream as I have really thick, frizzy hair.

TIA smile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 05-Apr-16 20:38:19

Hopeful bump...

Balletgirlmum Tue 05-Apr-16 23:58:30

Dd uses a spray gel as hairspray is banned at her school. She has very sensitive allergic skin.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 06-Apr-16 07:16:47

Thanks, that sounds interesting. Do you know the make? I'm popping into town later so I'll look at spray gels smile

Balletgirlmum Wed 06-Apr-16 08:05:35

VO 5

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 06-Apr-16 09:18:28

Great, thanks flowers

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 08-Apr-16 16:50:59

Ballet- just wanted to tell you I got some and it works perfectly and no itching so far!

nanetterose Fri 08-Apr-16 17:12:12

Green people make a gel now. Great stuff.

It doesn't hold like gel - but, it does help keep hair in place.

Lasts forever and no chemicals.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 08-Apr-16 18:06:14

Is it a spray one Nanette?

Balletgirlmum Fri 08-Apr-16 20:39:04

Glad it worked.

nanetterose Fri 08-Apr-16 21:30:21

No, not a spray. Feels a bit like a watery gel. Don't let that put you off though. I found it gave good definition in my wavy hair. If you scrunch it? smile

rubybleu Fri 08-Apr-16 21:52:57

It might be a fragrance or preservative problem rather than the hairspray itself?

I found this on Amazon www.amazon.co.uk/Suncoat-Fragrance-Free-Hairspray-210/dp/B00A2EYFAU

Clinique also do a non-aerosol fragrance free spray.

(I'm very allergic to fragrance so a bit of an expert!)

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 08-Apr-16 23:07:12

Thanks, will check those out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now