Talk

Advanced search

Can I leave intensive conditioner on over night?

(9 Posts)
purplepandas Mon 04-Apr-16 21:51:46

A random query but is it okay to leave intensive conditioner on over night? My hair is horrid atm, really brittle and yuck. Thankfully being cut on Friday as it needs sorting out. I need to cope with it in the interim and it needs a good condition.

Any ideas if okay? I can't see why not. Thanks.

DonkeyOaty Mon 04-Apr-16 21:56:53

I wouldn't. You might sort of scorch your scalp. <vague>

Mamabird3 Mon 04-Apr-16 22:00:22

Yes it will be fine, I've done it many times before when I used to have dyed hair. May take a bit more rinsing tomorrow morning as it kind of dries in. Another good thing to put on and leave on overnight is coconut oil

purplepandas Mon 04-Apr-16 22:02:37

Aha, thank you. I have coconut oil. That might be safer. Good point!

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 04-Apr-16 22:03:55

Yes, it'll be fine, probably do it good.

Whochangedmyname Mon 04-Apr-16 22:10:24

I don't know but I read an interview with Jerry Hall who swore by liberally dousing her hair in olive oil and wrapping it in cling film for as long as possible 😊

purplepandas Mon 04-Apr-16 22:12:15

Thank you wise Myers. flowers. My hair is most grateful. Good point re clingfilm.

BennyTheBall Mon 04-Apr-16 22:18:01

I do this about once a fortnight.

Slather it with intensive conditioner, wrap in a plastic bag with a turban thingy over the top (I do it when dh is working away!). My hair (long and curly) loves it.

ontherightpath Mon 04-Apr-16 22:31:25

Yes, definitely you can. I put either intensive conditioner (John Frieda or Kerestase) or coconut oil on my hair before bed, cover with a hair net, put on an extra pillow case and rinse or wash out in the morning. I do this every week or two and it leaves my hair fabulously soft & silky smooth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now