Talk

Advanced search

Feeding friendly clothes on the high street

(14 Posts)
StepfauxWife Mon 04-Apr-16 21:21:28

This might have been done to death already but is there a thread to share breastfeeding friendly clothes from the high street?

I loathe those nursing tops with peep holes, etc. I'm new to breastfeeding so any ideas for normal clothes that work with feeding would be greatly appreciated!

I saw this today from Boden which I'm going to order:

http://m.boden.co.uk/en-GB/womens-dresses/day-dresses/ww028/womens-popover-shirt-dress.html

Anything else out there that could work? Or am I going to have to live in nursing vests and shirts for the foreseeable future?

LBOCS2 Mon 04-Apr-16 21:23:34

I always did the vest top under a normal top trick - just pull the top up and the vest down and poke your nipple out of the hole!

H&M do good basics - nothing terribly exciting but quite practical.

whattheseithakasmean Mon 04-Apr-16 21:23:56

I never needed special feeding clothes, I just lifted up whatever top I was wearing. Didn't wear dresses obviously, & that was it really. Save your pennies unless you want an excuse for new clothes, in which case buy yourself a lovely new top or skirt that you like.

SunnyL Mon 04-Apr-16 21:27:18

I've got a couple of nursing overlap tops from Asos but most of the time I'm wearing a nursing vest from H&M under another top so I can do what LBOC describes

MrsAukerman Mon 04-Apr-16 21:28:28

There's a Facebook group called "can I breastfeed in it?"

MrsLettuce Mon 04-Apr-16 21:29:33

Yes, I just used a (standard spaghetti strap ones) vest under a normal top too. Top up, vest down. Anything with a wee bit of stretch worked, IIRC.

I'm trying to remember what I used on hot days, was years ago and I just don't know anymore confused

MrsLettuce Mon 04-Apr-16 21:34:57

Just googles nursing vest. Two layers of clips would have driven me crazy! This sort of thing is fine. Cheaper, less faff and less bulky as well.

HeyMicky Mon 04-Apr-16 21:41:03

I've bought some shirt dresses from H&M and New Look recently which I'm wearing with tights and boots now and bare legs and trainers once it warms up

StepfauxWife Mon 04-Apr-16 21:47:09

Thanks for the replies! I think the vest and top idea is a winner. Those "secret feeding panel" vests drive me nuts!

ledgeoffseason Mon 04-Apr-16 21:48:32

Primark do great stretchy vests and also a 'my stretch dress' - a long vest - that are great for this. It's frustrating not being able to get back into dresses etc! Jeggings, trainers or boots, long vest, (over maternity bra with lansinoh pads) and baggy top from Zara, Boden or h&m is my current uniform.

ledgeoffseason Mon 04-Apr-16 21:48:58

Secret feeding ones relegated to pyjamas here!

MunchyMunchkin Mon 04-Apr-16 21:50:47

I second the can I breastfeed in it uk Facebook group. Although be prepared to want to buy lots!

SexNamesRFab Mon 04-Apr-16 23:09:35

For summer, I liked spaghetti strapped vests with short sleeved cropped cardigans on top. Primark did the cardigans for pennies, M&S often had them too.

Cakescakescakes Tue 05-Apr-16 16:55:15

I bought a couple of 'Breast Vests' and wore them under my normal tops. Google them. Brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now