Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a gel/liquid eyeliner

(8 Posts)
Aquamarine70 Sun 03-Apr-16 15:14:27

Can any one recommend a gel eyeliner or eyeliner felt tip pen that doesn't smudge? I have eyelash extensions so need a thin point or brush to draw a line close to the lashes. I have tried Maybelline & Rimmel gel but they smudged. I am looking at Mac gel liner or Body Shop liquid eyeliner. Also what brush would you recommend to use? I don't mind recommendations for cheap or high end products.

Gillybobs Sun 03-Apr-16 15:46:46

Soap and Glory supercat liquid pen is brilliant and I have very oily eyelids

Aquamarine70 Sun 03-Apr-16 16:11:41

Thanks I am in Australia so I will se if I can get it in the Mecca Maxima store. They do have some Soap & Glory products.

botemp Sun 03-Apr-16 16:25:37

Low end - L'Oreal Paris Super Liner Gel Intenza Eye Liner (name varies a bit country per country), works well and comes with a brush that is surprisingly really good, only comes off on my slightly oily eyelids if I'm rubbing like a madman.

High end- Laura Mercier cake liner, this more of a push liner product (which I think you're describing but maybe I've misunderstood) but you can use it as a traditional eyeliner too. Their brushes are also good if expensive, last forever though.

Tom Ford does the grandest dual eyeliner of them all but as brilliant as it is, I just can't justify the price and can only assume it's even more extortionate in AU.

A workaround I have found for those that do smudge is just to set it with a matte eyeshadow on top, unless you really object to a matte look it works quite well.

But since you're in Australia, have you tried the Becca gel liner? Never got my hands on it but have heard great things.

Aquamarine70 Sun 03-Apr-16 16:50:42

Thanks Bottemo that's good advice. I had read some good reviews on the Loreal one. The Becca one I would have to go into the bigger deot store in the city to get it.
I'm wanting either a felt tip liner not too fat a nib on the end or a thin liquid that glides as you run it across the lash line. I have tried 2 gels with a brush but thought a Mac or Estée Lauder one might be better than what I've tried.

littlem133 Sun 03-Apr-16 17:17:21

Just read the reviews and ordered some of the l'oreal liner! Thanks!

RainbowPickle Sun 03-Apr-16 17:55:09

Benefit 'They're Real' is the best I've found

flowery Sun 03-Apr-16 17:57:13

Urban Decay 24-7 liquid liner is by far the best I've tried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now