Talk

Advanced search

city break

(6 Posts)
wingingit123 Sun 03-Apr-16 13:30:29

Looking for advice for what you would wear for a city break in a few weeks (Rome) weather looking me be early 20 degrees! I'm about a size 16/20 so not a fan of bare legs

NicknameUsed Sun 03-Apr-16 13:40:36

First and foremost comfortable shoes. I wore some Sketchers trainers, and I noticed that everyone wore comfortable shoes. We walked for miles. The metro has only two lines and is not as extensive as the London underground.

In terms of looking stylish, seriously don't worry about it. DD and I went in October when temperatures were about 20 degrees. I just wore some trousers with zipped front pockets (pickpockets are rife in Rome), with a T-shirt that covered the pockets, and a cardigan.

Nearly everyone I saw was a tourist and they were all dressed for comfort. I didn't notice anyone looking particularly stylish TBH.

LIZS Sun 03-Apr-16 13:41:23

Light layers, t shirt, long sleeve shirt or jacket, loose trousers/skirt. It might be hot but could also be windy. Shoulders and knees need covering in churches. Most importantly take very comfortable shoes, you will walk for miles over uneven surfaces. Take more than one pair to vary your foot position.

wingingit123 Sun 03-Apr-16 13:49:35

Thank you when I went to Paris I felt very scruffy so I'm hoping Rome is more casual

NicknameUsed Sun 03-Apr-16 13:53:19

I found Rome very casual. We were there to sightsee, not go shopping or hang around "smart" areas, and I think most locals would have been at work and not looking around tourist sights, so we didn't really see smartly dressed Romans.

Petal02 Sun 03-Apr-16 14:56:13

We went to Rome last year, it was very casual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now