Talk

Advanced search

Another hairdresser request - Edinburgh

(12 Posts)
InspectorPenguin Sat 02-Apr-16 21:52:10

I'm going to an evening wedding reception in Edinburgh in June and as I am rubbish with my hair I'd like to pop somewhere to get it done beforehand. Nothing too fancy - just a good sleek blowdry or easy updo.

I have thick hair which some hairdressers really struggle with. I have had terrible experiences with huge curly monstrosities and burnt scalps from raging hot hairdriers before so I just want to go somewhere dependable.

I don't know anyone in the city though and sifting through Google listings doesn't really help so if anyone could help with a recommendation in the city centre I would be very grateful!

Lyndie Sat 02-Apr-16 22:16:44

Charlie Miller are wonderful. I go to Stafford Street but there are 5 or so branches across the city.

Kirriemuir Sat 02-Apr-16 22:22:31

I second Charlie Miller. I use south St Andrew Street!

Where are you going to be based?

InspectorPenguin Sat 02-Apr-16 22:32:36

Lovely, thank you, I will check them out right now.

From what I can gather we'll be staying around the Old Town so I think S St Andrew St would be perfect smile

Kirriemuir Sun 03-Apr-16 08:03:09

Ian or Michelle at that branch are good.

lurkingfromhome Sun 03-Apr-16 09:58:14

Karen at Charlie Miller in Stafford St can work wonders with really thick hair - she never needs straighteners but can transform the unruliest mop into a sleek style just with a brush and hairdrier.

OttersPocket Sun 03-Apr-16 18:38:43

Linsey at Charlie Miller on Fredrick Street is a fantastic hairdresser, she's been doing my hair for years.

Kirriemuir Sun 03-Apr-16 18:43:42

Good to see so many of us have a good taste in hairdressers!

Arkengarthdale Sun 03-Apr-16 18:47:38

Charlie Miller charge £70 for an up do mind

InspectorPenguin Sun 03-Apr-16 19:02:55

£70! Crikey. That is a lot. Maybe a blow dry will suffice after all!

Kirriemuir Sun 03-Apr-16 19:14:24

If phone and check as my last one was nothing near that.

Minehaha Wed 14-Sep-16 17:44:10

I used to get my haircut by Lee in Brian drumm on George St byut she has left to start her own Salon. Does anyone know where she has gone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now