Talk

Advanced search

Footwear for evenings out?

(16 Posts)
onlywhenyouleave Sat 02-Apr-16 21:02:56

Since an ankle injury a few years ago, I struggle with wearing high heels unless they have straps. As I have got older, I also hate that burning feeling on the balls of your feet when you do a lot of walking/dancing.

I don't feel right wearing flats for nights out either but there doesn't seem to be anything in the middle.

Am due to go out in a few weeks to a dinner dance type of thing and have no idea what shoes to wear!

AuntieStella Sat 02-Apr-16 21:11:00

Would you manage a kitten heel slingback?

www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-dorchester-bow-slingback-court-shoes/p1997686?colour=Black/Navy

GlacindaTheTroll Sat 02-Apr-16 21:16:58

What about proper ballroom shoes? They're usually pretty comfy, come on a range of heel heights and are usually securely fitted.

I've never ordered from this company, but wondered what you made of any of the styles here

onlywhenyouleave Sat 02-Apr-16 21:17:02

No, I couldn't wear those - I don't like kitten heels and I am tall and big so always feel kitten heels look ridiculous on me as they are far too delicate for a big, hefty woman wink

MrsLettuce Sat 02-Apr-16 21:18:55

Have you tried wedges or a block heel? They're so much easier on the ankles than stilettos. What sort of heel height did you used to wear? For me 4cm of so of heel can be very comfy, doesn't tip the point of balance onto to balls of the feet. It's hard to make a specific suggest without knowing what you want to wear them with and what sort of budget you're on though.

onlywhenyouleave Sat 02-Apr-16 21:21:30

I wear block heels for work - at least 4 inches - but I don't have to walk very far in them and I always wear Mary Jane styles which I am OK with.

Not sure what I am wearing yet (helpful I know grin) but possibly black leggings and a long floaty shirt??

SellFridges Sat 02-Apr-16 21:22:04

I have a pair of block heeled sandals which are super comfy. They were from Oasis last summer but there must be others around.

I also had a pair of flatform mules which sounds horrific but were v comfy too.

MrsGaryKemp Sat 02-Apr-16 23:17:32

Unrelated - but I like your username OP grin

Stoneagemum Sat 02-Apr-16 23:25:39

Try new look on line lots of heels with various heights and straps

ExConstance Sat 02-Apr-16 23:31:03

Ted & Muffy? I have a pair of high heeled court shoes which I bought when they were called Duo that are as comfortable as slippers on my buniony awkward feet.

onlywhenyouleave Sun 03-Apr-16 07:42:51

Thank you for your suggestions, will do some investigations and see. Think strappy sandals might be the way forward.

mrsgarykemp grin my favourite band and song of all time... More of a Steve and Martin kind of gal though wink

MrsGaryKemp Mon 04-Apr-16 10:45:22

smilemine too - did you see them last year??? Amazing!
Sorry for derailing the topic - hope you find some shoes grin

leccybill Mon 04-Apr-16 10:54:06

Boring and sensible I know but I've turned to Clarks for all of my 'going out' shoes now, just to get some comfort. I usually wear these black suede block heeled shoe boots with skinny jeans or leggings,
or the Chorus range here are all comfy and look nice with tights and dresses.

onlywhenyouleave Mon 04-Apr-16 11:54:19

Ooh shoe boots would work with leggings - thank you smile

mrsgarykemp yes I did see them last year - totally amazing!! I LOVE them 😍

Petal02 Mon 04-Apr-16 13:28:11

I'm not very good in heels, but like the OP, I don't feel 'dressed' for a night out in flats. But I get on fine with boots (up to a 3 inch heel), and any sort of block heeled shoe where my feet are firmly strapped in. If my feet don't feel secure, then it's a non-starter. I've got my eye on these for a wedding in June:

www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,33/2384794088

(Just in case the link doesn't work - they're called Office Major Multi Strap Point Block Heels).

Petal02 Mon 04-Apr-16 13:32:52

www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,33/2384794088

Second attempt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now