Talk

Advanced search

I don't know what to wear!

(9 Posts)
Myusername2015 Sat 02-Apr-16 20:04:52

Hi all; I'm hoping one of you lovely people can help me as I have no idea how to dress myself. I've lost around 10 stone in the last few years; I'm used to just buying whatever fit. I'm off to a formalism wedding end may and trying to find a a dress. Budget £200 ish. I'm an 33 year old dark hair hourglass figure with a small waist dress size 12/14 hips and large boobs. I also have loose skin on arms so would want something to cover them. Any help would be much appreciated!

Howtocatchastar Sat 02-Apr-16 20:47:10

Wow! Well done losing ten stone! Sounds like you'd suit a pencil dress with sleeves, something to show off that slim waist and hide your arms. I am a similar size/figure (although currently heavily pregnant) and also prefer my arms covered.

m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos/asos-textured-wiggle-dress-in-placement-floral-print/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6047019&clr=Multi&SearchQuery=pencil+dress&pgesize=250&pge=8&totalstyles=968&gridsize=2&gridrow=106&gridcolumn=1

m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos/asos-occasion-wiggle-dress-in-floral-placement-print/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5870637&clr=Print&SearchQuery=pencil+dress&pgesize=100&pge=9&totalstyles=968&gridsize=2&gridrow=30&gridcolumn=1

m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_008010541897_-1

m.coast-stores.com/pws/ForwardRewriteSlug.ice?value=p/ruena-midi-texture-skirt/1597421&locale=en&_ga=1.16232693.275255366.1456485988

BonitaFangita Sat 02-Apr-16 20:53:05

Well done UserName, I like those choices Star, I really like the Asos dresses.

MrsLettuce Sat 02-Apr-16 20:57:08

Wow, amazing work OP! It must be odd to have an body to dress that you're not used to yet, nice but not easy, I'd imagine!

Do you think you'd prefer block colour or print? What sort of colours do you like? Also, how formal is the wedding likely to be just everyday wedding formal (IYSWIM) or hats for all formal? Is the budget 200 for a dress or for the whole shebang?

Will have a preliminary rummage for you.

MrsLettuce Sat 02-Apr-16 21:07:47

this is lovely
nice print, very 'summer wedding'
Absolutely love this!

How tall are you?

Myusername2015 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:11:25

Ah thank you all! Love those choices howto just need exactly with a lower neckline as I'm a f cup so high necks tend to make me look awful. Mrslettuce I don't know about styles I've literally never had to make the choice; it's not a hat wedding I don't think but at a church so I'm thinking a formal dress; hard this time of year to know whether it will be nice weather or not. Budget 200 just for dress if I could find something beautiful!

MrsLettuce Sat 02-Apr-16 21:25:03

I'm also erm, blessed with an impressive frontage. It is honestly absolutely not necessary to stick with a low neckline, despite what trinny & co will have us believe. I spent years in V necks (which I've never liked) before I realised it wasn't actually the law and that, actually, a lot of higher necklines suited me better.

Of the dresses people have linked already which comes closet to something you might like to wear?

Myusername2015 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:28:37

I do love that black and white Ralph Lauren dress you know maybe I should reconsider my 33 year old believe I have to wear v necks!

MrsLettuce Sat 02-Apr-16 21:36:02

You really should! I mean you don't have to wear them, of course not, but it's well worth trying a good few on rather automatically than dismissing them out of hand. A small high neckline, say like on this random example looks ghastly on me but something wider and slightly lower like the black and white Ralph Lauren dress is massively flattering. The fabric plays a big role too. Bra is key though obviously. Have you been properly, properly fitted?

But, yeah, the black and white Ralph Lauren is a beauty. I suspect it'd look amazing and it'd be way more versatile than, say, yer classic summer wedding floral job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now