Talk

Advanced search

Are these hideous? Summer sandals yay or nay?!

(25 Posts)
WalkingBread Sat 02-Apr-16 12:33:01

these

I think I might like them but not sure if they are too much of a cross between a sandal and one of those toeless boot things!

Hubnut Sat 02-Apr-16 12:43:47

I quite like them. Apart from the plaque on the back.

TheoriginalLEM Sat 02-Apr-16 12:43:49

From your description i was prepared not to like them but they are great. However - £155??? thats quite a lot of money for what they are. Not that £155 is too much to pay for sandals, just THOSE sandals. iyswim.

TheoriginalLEM Sat 02-Apr-16 12:48:22

i found these which are similar. Dune is quite a good make too.

Am envy as i can't get away with heels these days and i really like them even if i do prefer the R&B ones

Floisme Sat 02-Apr-16 12:48:57

Too high for me but I like a sandal that doesn't reveal too much foot. So yes.

elQuintoConyo Sat 02-Apr-16 12:57:03

I think they're anit moosey. Sorry blush

fiorentina Sat 02-Apr-16 12:59:33

I really like them. I think they'd be really useful and go with lots of outfits.

TSSDNCOP Sat 02-Apr-16 13:02:00

They aren't hideous but I have a pair of RandB slingbacks not dissimilar and I can tell you that peep toe is so screamingly uncomfortable it makes me want to actually kill people if they speak to me when I am wearing them and concentrating very hard on not crying.

MsBojangles Sat 02-Apr-16 13:05:19

How disappointing, I was expecting to retch.

pinkskyinthecity Sat 02-Apr-16 16:09:31

No thanks, I mean they're too confusing to appeal to anyone's tastes; like the designer wanted a 70s boho look with a modern twist, but it doesn't work.

I can see that the foot would be well bedded in so there's no escaping. For someone who needs height, but can't do heels, these would be perfect.

CuntWagon Sat 02-Apr-16 16:14:35

Much prefer the Dune ones LEM found. I have a similar pair only with a cork wedge from there and they are really comfy.

notagiraffe Sat 02-Apr-16 16:16:06

I like them, but they aren't very practical. There's too much leather - they'll be too hot. Love the rope wedges though.

Nettletheelf Sat 02-Apr-16 16:23:42

Don't like. Also, the Dune ones say 'comfy' in a 'mutually exclusive with glamour' way.

GloriousGoosebumps Sat 02-Apr-16 16:35:23

I prefer the R&B shoes. They're a "younger" style and far more glamorous. The Dune sandals are middle aged. But £155!

cressetmama Sat 02-Apr-16 17:10:36

these

In navy and taupe, I think they look great for dresses and trousers, and there is a code for 25% plus free p&p and returns if you sign up for the e-mails. I haven't bought them, but am seriously tempted.

elQuintoConyo Sat 02-Apr-16 19:22:51

cressetmama those are lovely but F me everyone seems to be on a much different budget to me blush

I bought my 2016 sandals in the sales in September 2015.

cressetmama Sat 02-Apr-16 20:05:05

Well done for planning ahead el Quinto! Wish I was as well organised............

elQuintoConyo Sat 02-Apr-16 22:54:53

You have to well-organised when you're poor grin

I got a few new bits of summer clothes for me and loads for DS, he shoots up every year! I have just finished updating old favourites for next winter in these sales (boots, couple of jumpers, very well-priced cashmere jumper for €35 etc). I always buy in the sales for the following year. (I also make DS 5 pairs of shorts every April for the summer months, but that's a whole other thread!).

And I have just put my winter coat away with a fiver in the pocket to surprise myself in November gringrin

moreshitandnofuckingredemption Sat 02-Apr-16 23:00:06

They scream "blisters" to me

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 02-Apr-16 23:03:50

I think wedges are hideous so I'm happy to be the person to say 'ewwww no OP, don't buy those clompy horrors'.

ShinyTurd Sun 03-Apr-16 09:14:43

Hideous. Sorry OP.

superwormissuperstrong Sun 03-Apr-16 09:21:51

I think they look nice but more for spring - too hot and sweaty if worn on a hot day and def agree with pp that they have high potential for blisters if you walk any distance in them when it's warm

SayAGreatBigThankyou Sun 03-Apr-16 15:57:00

I like them, but you're right, the plaque is hideous. For that reason (and having £100 to splurge on something else), I'd get the Dune ones.

SwedishEdith Sun 03-Apr-16 16:06:42

I like them, couldn't wear them for long, and wouldn't pay that for them. Don't like the Dune ones - and often have to send their staff back.

BeaufortBelle Sun 03-Apr-16 16:06:55

I think they are ok for days like today. Dry and springy but not warm. I guess you would wear them with flowing trousers. Not sure if they'd work with ankle grazers. A shirt skirt? Possibly a long line one better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now