what to wear to wedding with this dress?

(12 Posts)
OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 02-Apr-16 11:33:02

Wearing this dress and these shoes
http://www.stories.com/gb/Woodenheell_sandals/594756-563006.1
http://www.peopletree.co.uk/sale/dresses/abby-flared-dress

The dress looks better in real life and not with black tights. I am v pale with dark hair. I tried a cardie but it was too shapeless . It needs something short and fitted or long and fitted I am guessing.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 02-Apr-16 15:15:52

Oh dear do you all hate it?

Fingermoose Sat 02-Apr-16 15:26:34

I like it! I think the sandals are quite casual though so not sure it'll work with a jacket, and I'd definitely avoid a black cardi. Maybe take the dress in to the shops and try on a few cardigans and jackets in the blue of the dress?

Catastrophica Sat 02-Apr-16 15:39:51

If you could get a shortish dust coat to go over the dress that would look very good - in a black silk or in the blue or the cream (can't tell if its cream or white but whichever one it is).

or you could use a stole in one of those colors - I think there's some green in there too, that would be lovely with your dark hair and pale complexion (I assume!)

And I really like the sandals which won't cripple your feet after a day of standing.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 02-Apr-16 16:14:56

Thanks! There is a nice pink in it a pink coat might lighten it for a wedding?

The sandals are as fancy as I get tbh, I have plantar fasciitis so can't really do glam

FauxFox Sat 02-Apr-16 17:53:42

black jacket
cream jacket
coral pastel jacket
pink

BoobyApple Sat 02-Apr-16 18:47:04

Pink would definitely work.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 02-Apr-16 19:09:58

Thanks again. I would feel odd wearing cropped jackets. Maybe I need to rethink the dress. God I hate weddings

gBean Sat 02-Apr-16 19:11:23

I like the dress but really don't like the sandals

Fingermoose Sat 02-Apr-16 20:18:09

I like the pale coral jacket in FauxFox's post or I've found a couple of longer jackets:

Pink duster coat

Pink kimono jacket

Or here's a pink cropped cardigan if that would be better for you.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 02-Apr-16 20:41:51

Fingermoose I think that caddie would work! Thanks

OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 02-Apr-16 20:42:04

Cardie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now