Talk

Advanced search

Multi purpose jumper / cardigan / jacket

(12 Posts)
NewStickers Sat 02-Apr-16 10:46:20

What do you wear over short sleeved tops and dresses in spring? All my jumpers and cardigans look scruffy, and I find cotton jackets too unflattering (big belly). Does a structured, smart, all round jumper for skirts and dresses as well as trousers exist?

Howtocatchastar Sat 02-Apr-16 11:11:53

There are a lot of bomber jackets around at the mo, some seem nicer than others - in tempted to pick one up if I find the right one in the right colour! I tend to wear a denim jacket in Spring or a light blazer style jacket - picked a few up over the years from Zara.

DianaT1969 Sat 02-Apr-16 13:13:18

I used to love wearing a cropped denim jacket over summer dresses until my late thirties. Don't know what to wear now either - so will be watching this thread.

thecatfromjapan Sat 02-Apr-16 13:15:59

Uniqlo has a structured cardigan in their 'Ines" collection at the moment. Seasalt (or it could be White stuff - I get confused) has a jacket-shaped cardigan (with pockets!) too. Would either of those be any good?

MrsBenWyatt Sat 02-Apr-16 15:41:41

I have just bought a khaki longline bomber jacket from New Look for this very reason. I am am not a massive fan of 'normal' bombers, but this is really lightweight and longer length than usual.

I can't find the longline khaki online, but this is the same one in black.

m.newlook.com/shop/womens/jackets-and-coats/black-longline-bomber-jacket_376709601?productFind=search

Or there's a shorter khaki one

m.newlook.com/shop/womens/jackets-and-coats/khaki-lightweight-bomber-jacket-_368710534?productFind=search

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 02-Apr-16 16:41:19

Oh I like the long bomber (would have to be the khaki one for me)
I was looking for a lightweight parka style but not found anything as yet

Are there pockets in the long bomber jacket?

seasaltbaby Sat 02-Apr-16 19:42:39

I am thinking of getting this https://www.hush-uk.com/m/womenswear/daywear/jackets/blazergreyy_marl.htm which might fit your criteria

Dancergirl Sat 02-Apr-16 20:02:13

seasalt I have that Hush jacket but a darker grey, I bought it a few years ago.

I love Spring jackets, I have far too many:

Said Hush jersey blazer
Mint velvet brown leather biker (bought from EBay £50 smile)
Hobbs blue trench coat
And I am currently deciding about a navy blue boiled wool jacket, half price from the White Company

Dancergirl Sat 02-Apr-16 20:14:20

Whoops, I forgot one - I also have a denim Boden photographer jacket but only wear that over dresses or black trousers or leggings, not jeans.

seasaltbaby Sat 02-Apr-16 20:18:47

Wow dancer I have none so need to get one quick! Would you recommend the hush one?

fredabear Sat 02-Apr-16 20:26:12

I have the molly jersey blazer from whistles and have worn it far more than I thought I would, also have a longline cardigan/jacket from Mango who do great ones. I would love a basket stitch knitted jackets from hush too blush

Dancergirl Sat 02-Apr-16 23:48:07

Yes definitely seasalt I wear it a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now