Spring casual wardrobe

(8 Posts)
WanttoFindWorkLifeBalance Sat 02-Apr-16 08:27:02

I always really struggle with what to wear at this time of year as the seasons change. I'm fine with work wardrobe and going out clothes but day to day outside work I live in skinny jeans and boots all winter and then it gets a bit warmer but not warm enough for sandals etc. and I feel a bit lost. Where can I get some good inspiration - it's mainly the jeans / shoe combo I struggle with most I think.

whirlygirly Sat 02-Apr-16 08:42:01

I wear converse and trainers at this time of year, just about to order some adidas superstar ones. Or ash suede ankle boots are lovely with jeans. I think boots are still fine, just a lighter version. Definitely no sandals until at least next month.

Jmangel Sat 02-Apr-16 08:58:46

Oh I'm in the same boat here - more with coats and jackets though. I refuse to wear my down filled parka now it's April but it's still really cold in Manchester so I can't jump to my biker jacket or blazers yet without a heavy jumper under them which makes me look like the Michelin man.
For feet I switch to light coloured cowboy style ankle boots - so light tan or beige or pale grey - or mid wedge trainers in light colours. I can still wear these with skinnies so it doesn't feel like too much change. I do buy some lighter coloured skinnies - looking out for cream oatmeal ones at the mo but not much luck. Then I tend to switch to v neck white loose t shirts on top to brighten everything up.
It's cold and rainy today here though - so depressing!
Once summer properly hits, I switch to wedge gladiators in tan or nude again which I can wear with skinnies. The weather here probably only means that there are 5 days a year max which are too hot to wear skinnies so then I wear racer back tightish maxi and midi dresses usually with flat ghillie style sandals.

WanttoFindWorkLifeBalance Sat 02-Apr-16 09:09:42

Ooh yes ankle boots are a good idea and still in my comfort zone! I do have converse but dither over them with skinny jeans - maybe just need to get used to it a bit!

seasaltbaby Sat 02-Apr-16 11:15:24

Having similar issues as I have no Spring shoes since I chucked out everything! Im still living in my knee high boots which seems wrong! I'm thinking of getting some toms although they may be more summer, no sure yet....

WanttoFindWorkLifeBalance Sat 02-Apr-16 11:47:30

Have just ordered these - www.johnlewis.com/mint-velvet-isabel-wedge-heeled-shoe-boots-granite-nubuck/p2327535 - really not sure but thought I would try them on and see if felt a bit more spring-like. Can easily return them if don't feel right!

seasaltbaby Sat 02-Apr-16 11:49:18

Very nice!

whirlygirly Sat 02-Apr-16 16:41:21

Ooh yes and in my size too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now