Talk

Advanced search

Need a dress for a wedding 3 weeks PP

(17 Posts)
crumblybiscuits Fri 01-Apr-16 20:29:38

Desperately seeking help finding a dress for a wedding that will be at most four weeks after DD arrives in two weeks time (induction). We will be there all day, I will hopefully be breastfeeding and I'm a bit worried about handling PP bleeding as obviously black is out.
5"3 hourglass, probably not much of a waist as obviously freshly PP. H boobs. Normally a slim 8-10 but obviously will be carrying excess weight. Not looking to spend over £40/50 unless it is something special that will still suit after I've lost weight. Would anyone like to help? Not sure what other details might be needed as I'm pretty rubbish at self styling blush

crumblybiscuits Fri 01-Apr-16 20:32:08

Oh, also I have shoulder length light brown hair/blue eyes/pale skin.

creamoftomato Fri 01-Apr-16 20:32:34

Not sure specifically but have a look at Closet London - I got a cross over wrap front dress from there for a wedding and it had great breastfeedjng access:
www.closetlondon.com

They have lots of different styles. Or failing that what about a nice skirt and top..?

peachypips Fri 01-Apr-16 20:34:35

Can I keep an eye on this too OP? I am also 5'3" with big boobs (GG) and am usually slim but have a tummy as I need to lose some weight. Have my brother's wedding in June!

crumblybiscuits Fri 01-Apr-16 20:40:54

cream Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look now. Skirt and top also a possibility, did see a nice wedding outfit with long pink tutu-ish skirt and simple top I could try and recreate. I'm just panicking a bit as obviously it will be stressful being so blubbery still and not knowing if things will fit/be too clingy. Think I will order a couple of sizes to give me some leeway!

peachy Of course! Wedding outfits are stressful things.

SweetpeaandPeony Fri 01-Apr-16 20:44:36

www.seraphine.com/aanya-cross-over-3-4-slv-dress.html

I think wrap dresses are your best option. That way you have flexibility with sizing and easier BF. You could always dress up a wrap dress with accessories if you like - nice shawl (also handy for BF!), heels and a fascinator if they're your thing.

Congratulations on your imminent arrival.

Diddlydokey Fri 01-Apr-16 20:44:43

www.boohoo.com/day-dresses/kiera-rose-print-maxi-dress/invt/azz62119

I have this and it would work but you'd need to take it up. Wonder Web would do it though. Just put a nursing vest underneath.

I had a nursing cover which was great at that stage for me.

StrawberryLeaf Fri 01-Apr-16 20:56:17

There is a fantastic Facebook group called "Can I breastfeed in it?", it has loads of suggestions and the people are very friendly and will help you find something.

I'd be inclined towards a wrap dress or a specific nursing dress to make feeding as easy as possible.

Twinklestar2 Fri 01-Apr-16 22:44:01

Try Seraphine. The outlet section is quite reasonably priced.

burnishedsilver Fri 01-Apr-16 22:59:33

www.next.co.uk/g872014s2#396157g87

BendyBusBuggy Fri 01-Apr-16 23:06:25

this?

BendyBusBuggy Fri 01-Apr-16 23:10:44

Or something like this?

Which colours do you like?

BendyBusBuggy Fri 01-Apr-16 23:12:18

this may be too dark?

BendyBusBuggy Fri 01-Apr-16 23:19:31

Any of these?

Cakescakescakes Fri 01-Apr-16 23:20:23

I was in the same boat as you and wore a maxi skirt, flat sandals and plain stretchy top with a vest underneath. I was still physically recovering from the birth and was just happy to be at my friend's big day. I didn't care what I looked like! I say something simple and comfortable. Get your hair blow dried and enjoy the day.

BendyBusBuggy Fri 01-Apr-16 23:21:54

www.collectif.co.uk/collectif-mainline-dolores-sweetheart-gingham-doll-dress-p-css130815f-c-red.html

Laquila Sat 02-Apr-16 13:30:19

I had a wedding last weekend at 5 weeks pp and went for separates, as I wanted to wear trousers that I already had (to keep cost down and also then didn't have to expose v white legs!), with a beautiful beaded top from the Coast sale. I wore a nude vest under it and just pulled that down, and the top up, to feed - it worked really well.

Have you had a look at Jojo Maman Bebé's occasion dresses? Worth checking for then on eBay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now