Talk

Advanced search

28 back bras that don't cost a fortune

(20 Posts)
Lecarr Fri 01-Apr-16 15:12:42

Is there anywhere that sells large cup 28 back bras, other than places like Bravissimo?

I'm in early pregnancy and I wouldn't mind getting a few non-wired bras to see me through until I'm sure they've stopped growing and can treat myself to some properly fitted Bravissimo etc bras. However I'm struggling to find anything. Last time I was fitted I was a 28FF, but all the 28's I can find online are essentially first bras and only go up to a C cup.

minipie Fri 01-Apr-16 15:15:20

Curvy Kate sold by Figleaves.

minipie Fri 01-Apr-16 15:16:08

Oh sorry, just saw you want non wired, these will be underwired.

TrainBridge Fri 01-Apr-16 15:19:02

I've never found any, sorry...

Lecarr Fri 01-Apr-16 15:26:53

Maybe I could manage a 30 if it's done up tightest? sad

TrainBridge Fri 01-Apr-16 15:36:33

Your rib cage will probably expand during pregnancy, so you might well get away with it in a few more weeks.

Other option (but you have to be lucky as to what's in stock) is the clearance bit of bras4mums.

Pooseyfrumpture Fri 01-Apr-16 15:49:17

www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk/28FF-nursing-bra.asp - non-wired but with nursing clips.

DamsonInDistress Fri 01-Apr-16 15:57:33

Brastop.com is a great site, as a 30GG/H I've spent lots on there! Just done a quick search and there are around 100 bras in a 28FF, starting from £8!

DianaT1969 Fri 01-Apr-16 16:02:59

Would a non wired sports bra work? You could look for Panache and Freya cup sized one online. Not positive they start at 28 but I find the bands snug if you have to try a 30 and go down a cup.

Lecarr Fri 01-Apr-16 16:07:56

Thank you!

I'm not keen on a sports bra - as I'm just petite, my boobs aren't anywhere near that big really, so a sports bra might just made me look really flat chested.

Hedgeh0g Fri 01-Apr-16 16:37:36

You can wear wired if you make sure they are properly fitted. If you know you're a 28 back you probably know how a bra should fitsmile

Lecarr Fri 01-Apr-16 16:41:23

Is there anywhere not too expensive that can do a proper fitting? As you may have guessed, I'm a Bravissimo addict (M&S had me at a 32D!!) but it's just the cost over the next year of having to change sizes a few times that I can't really afford.

dancemom Fri 01-Apr-16 16:43:35

http://www.marksandspencer.com/2-pack-non-wired-moulded-first-bras/p/p20086816?prevPage=plp

M&S

Hedgeh0g Fri 01-Apr-16 16:45:40

Get fitted at Bravissimo and then order elsewhere online? Or, John Lewis fitted me correctly (28 back) in my last pregnancy, but no longer stock 28 backs, so get fitted there with no need to feel guilty about not being able to buy anything?!

Agree with hedgeh0g - you don't need to go wire free in pregnancy (or when feeding) so long as the fit is good.

When buying bras in pregnancy the advice changes a wee bit - normally you should by on the loosest hook so you can tighten it up as the fabric stretches. In pregnancy, you're likely to grow faster than the bra grin so you should buy on the tightest hook to get maximum wear out of it - so a 30 might actually be worth trying. You can also get a little gadget called a Rixie Clip which is used to tighten bands if a 30 is almost tight enough but just not quite.

In terms of cheaper places to buy large cup small band bras - try brastop, amazon (honestly, they often have well reduced freya, cleo, panache, curvy kate etc), bras and honey, my curves and me, leia lingerie , debenhams sale section. Ebay can be good but make sure you get from a proper seller with returns policy as they're often seconds - a lot of the time this is due to something minor but it can be due to sizing gremlins.

Lecarr Fri 01-Apr-16 16:55:54

This is really helpful, thank you - I'll head down to Bravissimo soon and get their advice, maybe buy 1, and then see what I can find online.

SuperFlyHigh Fri 01-Apr-16 19:40:13

Investinyourchest is or was a good blog for bargain and new small backs big cups.

badg3r Fri 01-Apr-16 22:29:43

I am the same size as you and a bravissimo convert too. When I was pregnant with DS I bought two bras from them once mine became too small. I bought some bra extenders online and went a bit generous in the cup and they lasted the whole pregnancy. Then I went back and bought two feeding bras that are all I've worn since. So four bras in just about two years. I think it is better to buy something in store that has been properly fitted, even if it means only buying one instead of two.

The Polish bras are brilliant. Plenty at Comexim.

They will be wired though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now