Talk

Advanced search

I like Uniqlo but....

(8 Posts)
squoosh Fri 01-Apr-16 14:12:07

What's this photo all about? I know the nerdy look is in, normcore I believe the kids be callin' it. But this outfit is the kind of thing the nuns in my school would wear when they were taking us on a geography field trip to look at an ox-bow lake.

Hideous.

And Mr Model isn't much better. His outfit belongs on the kind of teacher who'd stick his hand in his pocket (with secret ball access hole), have a bit of a rummage and then sniff his fingers.

squoosh Fri 01-Apr-16 14:13:08

Fashion can be a rum old business.

TrainBridge Fri 01-Apr-16 14:17:15

It's awful. But I think it's hard to make linen look good, though it feels nice.

Im' currently pissed off with their summer dresses with built in bras - it just makes them completely unwearable for anyone with non-average norks.

MadeinBelfast Fri 01-Apr-16 14:18:26

That is hideous. I'm giving up on uniqlo after spending hours trying to buy stuff online. They refused several (valid) discount codes, eventually accepted my order and then emailed me cancelling it. When I got in touch they said actually they had sent out an order but I've had no confirmation email for this! The stuff I bought was nice though, in no way nun-like smile

JackandDiane Fri 01-Apr-16 14:45:06

SO agree about built in bras

JohnCheese Fri 01-Apr-16 14:54:58

Built in bras are ridiculous. Surely invented by a man.

WhoJazz Fri 01-Apr-16 15:21:51

Wow. I'm no fashion-monger, but that outfit reaches a whole new level of dullness.

SwedishEdith Fri 01-Apr-16 15:30:35

You can only wear stuff like that if you look exactly like the model. About 5 years ago, I caught site of myself in a shop mirror whilst wearing a not dissimilar coat, tea dress and brogues. I looked like I should have been trying to buy some butter and egg powder with my ration book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now