Talk

Advanced search

jeans,harem pants or something else?

(9 Posts)
Donge13 Fri 01-Apr-16 08:36:16

I'm off to the shops in a hour to buy some bits for a city break next week.
I need three pairs of something for bottom half. I want a change from skinny jeans, I am a size 16 apple and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

JamNan Fri 01-Apr-16 09:21:22

I'm an apple 16 too and I find tapered trousers with a pleat top are quite flattering and comfortable.

Harems are nice but you have to be careful with the style of footwear you put with it. Informal sandals look best but weather might be too wintery still.

something like this.

or like this maybe

I would head to somewhere like John lewis and look at their Capsule Collection.
Can't say I was impressed with M&S.

bigbadbarry Fri 01-Apr-16 09:24:17

I've just bought some harems (also an apple) and I love them but am yet to wear them outside the house because of the footwear issue. I have a friend who claims they look fine with slouchy boots but I find that a bit too pirate.

JamNan Fri 01-Apr-16 09:25:27

missed a bit
Informal sandals or plimsoll type shoes look..

DelphiniumBlue Fri 01-Apr-16 22:02:22

Just wondering what you weat with the harems on your top half if you are are sn apple- i can't go fitted ( like a vest) as that just emphasises fat belly, and loose tops with loose bottoms feels s bit weird. Anyone got any ideas?

JamNan Sat 02-Apr-16 07:58:32

The top needs to be short and boxy looking preferably ending above the waist or be tucked in or belted. The cut has to be unfussy. A vest I know with a fairly plain jacket or cardigan looks good for those who need to cover their arms (moi).

MalmseyWhine Sat 02-Apr-16 08:03:23

I'm a size 18 apple shaped (with a big bum as well hmm) and the Next harems/tapered trousers are incredibly flattering. I've worn mine so far with a close fitting (but not clingy) t shirt but they look ok on me with more flowy tops as well.

Donge13 Sat 02-Apr-16 09:10:31

Will definetly pop to next and try some harem pants

DelphiniumBlue Sat 02-Apr-16 09:19:58

Thanks for replies and JamNan for pictures.
I am really struggling with this - don't see how an apple could wear a boxy/ short top and loose trousers without all the focus on rotund middle section. Sounds more like a look for a pear. Side view especially would not be good on me. All the models are slim, even willowy. Think I will check plus size sites for ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now