Talk

Advanced search

knickers with wider gusset?

(22 Posts)
primitivemom Fri 01-Apr-16 02:04:39

Ok, due to 2 kids, weight and all that shit, I need to wear panty liners on a daily basis. I normally buy multi packs of full briefs but they all seem to have really narrow gussets and the liner sticks to your effing Fanjo!!! Pants never used to be this narrow underneath, does anyone else have this problem? Where can I buy decent bloody pants without waxing myself with the fn pant liners??? blush

Akire Fri 01-Apr-16 02:23:59

I find this too- every sanitary towel is standard size across yet pants can be half this. Quite where you are supposed to stick them to I don't know! I buy granny cover my ass pants!

banivani Fri 01-Apr-16 06:30:40

And don't get me started on swimsuits/bikini bottoms. They make the knickers look v wide by comparison. I discovered to my dismay in the pool.

dudsville Fri 01-Apr-16 07:26:36

Google for thunder pants uk. They are fab plenty of gusset. And These pants do not shift. I can pull my tightest clothes on over these and they stay in place. And there's no gripping elastic. Heaven in a pant.

CoffeeAndOranges Fri 01-Apr-16 07:39:01

I got a couple of packs of tesco 'full briefs' after my c section and they're great - nice big wide gusset!!

They're proper big pants, acres of material and yes, liners sit nicely in the gusset.

Another sentence I never thought I would write...grin

dangerrabbit Fri 01-Apr-16 07:43:26

Listened to a podcast about this company last year, they're US only currently but their website said they're due to launch in the UK soon

dangerrabbit Fri 01-Apr-16 07:44:29

Here's the podcast, btw

OOAOML Fri 01-Apr-16 08:01:58

John Lewis are pretty generous.

HooseRice Fri 01-Apr-16 08:06:57

My kids bought me the joke pants from asda (superman, Wonder Woman etc) they're shorts style and perfect if no one else sees them

Footle Fri 01-Apr-16 08:50:39

The thunderpants website says they have to be washed in cold water. UK washing machines don't even have this option.

banivani Fri 01-Apr-16 09:05:46

Washing cotton underwear in cold water feels a bit disgusting to me. :/

dudsville Fri 01-Apr-16 20:47:22

Oh, I didn't know that. I wash all my things on 30.

RainbowCake Fri 01-Apr-16 20:50:20

I got some primark full briefs for after surgery and they are lovely and wide. Came in a pack of 5.

primitivemom Sat 02-Apr-16 00:47:13

Thanks everyone , will continue the search smile

Lucked Sat 02-Apr-16 01:03:24

Sloggis!! They cover generous pads, I have tried to find a cheaper option but none work and it's a false economy because Sloggis last forever. Every time I buy M&S or supermarket they end up in he bin after a few washes.

My preference is for the midis, I am not sure about the gusset on the newer styles.

Sizing is very true, I recently tried some sainsburys 12s and they were a good couple of inches wider on the waistband than the Sloggis 14s

SealSong Sat 02-Apr-16 01:59:12

Yes to sloggis.

nothingwittyhere Sat 02-Apr-16 12:14:24

US Cold water = British 30

Dreamqueen Sat 02-Apr-16 15:47:56

M&S short style are quite wide in the gusset.

primitivemom Sat 02-Apr-16 16:58:26

Got some in Matalan today, very relieved wink

Branleuse Sat 02-Apr-16 17:01:42

John Lewis - even the bikini brief have a good proper gusset. You can usually get them at waitrose, as theyre part of the JL group. Thats where i got mine, and ended up buying more, as theyre the most comfy pants ever

Emz449 Sat 02-Apr-16 17:04:32

Another one for primark full briefs, very comfortable grin

banivani Sat 02-Apr-16 17:08:05

Dudsville - I'm old-school and think cotton should be washed at high temperatures to be clean. ;) so that def goes for underwear, sheets, towels/flannels...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now