Talk

Advanced search

Inch loss body wrap.. worth doing before a wedding?

(14 Posts)
maggiethemagpie Thu 31-Mar-16 22:58:12

Does anyone know if those inch loss body wraps work, if so how long for?

Does it just suck water out of you? How do they acheive their results?

I have a wedding coming up, I've lost some weight but am not as toned as I'd like to be is it a good idea to have one just before the wedding? My dress fits me ok now so whilst I'd like to be a bit thinner I don't want my dress to look wrong.

Good idea or bad?

Lovemylittlebears Sun 17-Apr-16 20:46:50

I'd love to know the answers to the above too

user7755 Sun 17-Apr-16 20:48:51

And me... just tried a strapless dress on and DH had to flatten my back fat sad, so I'm stuffing my face with bread and oil.

StubbleTurnips Sun 17-Apr-16 21:04:07

I had one prior to my wedding, didn't make a jot of difference.

They loosely measure you before he wrap all over, and then virtually cut supply off at the end measurement to 'show' you've lost inches.

I had very soft skin after though:

user7755 Sun 17-Apr-16 21:06:23

Shame... best get cracking on the sun salutations then!

Lovemylittlebears Sun 17-Apr-16 21:47:54

That's a shame was hoping to turn my 16 wobbler job into an 8. Never mind smile will just have to keep dieting to get into my dress... Wahh sad

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 17-Apr-16 22:02:26

Years ago (probably before my wedding come to think of it) I bought some weird sachets of clay type body treatment (from QVC)
It was stone cold to apply but warmed up, I think it was clay, eucalyptus,rosemary, Dead Sea Salt .
Applied, clingfilm wrap (stops it being messy and helps with heat) then a tracksuit.

It did make my skin nice and smooth, not sure about inch loss, but it's diuertic.

Stay off bread is my Number One tip

Lovemylittlebears Sun 17-Apr-16 22:07:07

Haven't touched bread in 8 weeks ;( I have taken to sniffing my daughters toast every morning whilst I longingly hand it over haha

DerelictMyBalls Mon 18-Apr-16 07:59:10

Could you not wear high-waisted spanx or a waist nipper?

tellyjots Mon 18-Apr-16 08:04:21

I've had one, it did work. Managed to get into a pair of jeans bought during a deluded skinny moment.

Can you look at reviews of salons nearby? Or see if there are any groupon offers?

Lovemylittlebears Mon 18-Apr-16 08:25:26

Any recommendations for Spanx that won't push the fat put the top of dress lol x

Lovemylittlebears Mon 18-Apr-16 08:27:25

And good idea telly will look for reviews and do a double whammy with the Spanx too x

yomellamoHelly Mon 18-Apr-16 08:30:57

I used to work in a beauty salon (though not doing beauty treatments and my understanding is that it does work but the instant you drink anything you start reversing the effects of it. So its short-lived. Not sure I'd want to worry about having a few on my wedding day. Would go down the spanx route.

mrsjskelton Mon 18-Apr-16 09:27:51

I wouldn't bother with a wrap. Did the Clean 9 once and lost 9lbs - took before and after photos and I'd lost the "muffin top" over the band of my underwear. I WISH I'd done it before my wedding. Just a shame the gel is pretty envyconfused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now