Talk

Advanced search

Which Ultrasun?

(13 Posts)
Euphemia Thu 31-Mar-16 15:15:15

For me and two teens, able to withstand going in and out of pool/sea in Majorca.

Where's the cheapest place to buy it?

Drinksforeveryone Thu 31-Mar-16 16:59:46

You can often buy it in flight - but you'd need to check that first. Or in the airport Duty Free.

QVC sell it - I 'think' it's on next week one day as a Today's Special Value. that might be worth a look ?

Ultrasun have their own website- which details the products and their prices.

I tend to buy the regular spf 30 family.

NattyGolfJerkin Thu 31-Mar-16 17:01:22

You will need to reapply sun protection if you're in and out of water.

Drinksforeveryone Thu 31-Mar-16 17:02:03

Next Tuesday for the QVC TSV.

Euphemia Thu 31-Mar-16 17:08:52

Thanks for the QVC tip!

Drinksforeveryone Thu 31-Mar-16 17:09:25

You shouldn't need to reapply this after swimming. It is absorbed into the skin - hence one application per day.

I have only ever applied once per day - in a morning, post shower - then leave 15 mins before going outside.

NathalieM Thu 31-Mar-16 17:13:11

Perhaps get a waterproof solution? Very useful if you're going to be in and out of the pool.

Hulababy Thu 31-Mar-16 17:13:33

Ultrasun will last in water for quite a while - check tub. You shouldn't need to reapply unless you are in longer than said it if you rub yourself fairly vigourously when getting dried.

We always use it on dd and she has never burned with it even when she's been in the pool. Hers is normally spf 30

Euphemia Thu 31-Mar-16 17:15:14

QVC have Ultrasun on their website - will it be cheaper on Tuesday?

Drinksforeveryone Thu 31-Mar-16 17:23:26

Yes. According to their tv guide it is going to be the Today's Special Value. You can often get a good deal.

It's worth hanging on to see what the offer is.

Plus if you hate it you can return it (within 30 days). Even once part used.

I don't work for QVC - honest!

Euphemia Thu 31-Mar-16 17:30:39

I've used it before and really like it. DD will be 14 and hasn't been on this type of holiday before so I don't want to have to mither her about sunscreen all day!

Drinksforeveryone Thu 31-Mar-16 17:33:24

I don't have to worry much about DC in the sun nowadays (almost all grown up) but for me and DH I can make a smallish bottle of the Family 30 last a week (and more).

I really dislike applying creams of any kind - so a once per day is good to get it over with.

Justmuddlingalong Thu 31-Mar-16 17:36:07

We used the Sports gel on holiday last year. Got it from Ifsogo website, for a really good price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now