Talk

Advanced search

boots curl creme

(11 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Thu 31-Mar-16 09:34:00

So, yesterday I finally found some of this in my local boots, but, what do I do with it? I need hints and tips

KitKats28 Thu 31-Mar-16 09:53:01

Wash your hair with SLS free shampoo. Condition with silicone free conditioner (Fructis green bottle from Poundland is good).

While your hair is soaking wet, take a biggish blob of Curl Creme (I stuck 4 fingers in and scooped, waist length hair). Rub it over both hands and turn your head upside down. Squish it in (don't rub) and keep squishing up and down till all your hair is coated and it starts to "squelch".

Plop your hair into an old cotton T-shirt and wrap it up. After about half an hour (or overnight), take it out and let it air dry. Don't touch your hair until it's completely dry. If you like tight curls, just leave it. If you want waves, then "scrunch the crunch". Take handfuls of hair and squeeze them till they are soft.

This is a basic adaptation of all the Curly Girl methods that worked best for me. After years of fighting the frizz, my hair looked great.

NantucketNightbird Thu 31-Mar-16 11:24:18

What for it do for straight hair? Or is that a stupid question blush

KitKats28 Thu 31-Mar-16 11:26:58

I think it would probably smooth it down. It would probably be quite heavy for very fine hair though.

ItsAllGoodMan Thu 31-Mar-16 19:06:21

My hair is short (chin length when dry, just past shoulders when wet) and very curly (spirals). My routine starts off similar to KitKats - I use SLS free shampoo, silicone free conditioner and then put probably a large pea sized blob of curl cream in my hair when it's very wet. I've been using curl cream for 10 yrs and never find it gives enough hold on it's own so always use a small blob of gel over the top. Then if I've got time I twirl a few curls around my finger to define them more and air dry (takes 2 - 3 hours). Plopping makes my hair a hot mess!
When dry I shake my head around and run my hands over to break up the crunch.

AstoriaMalfoy Thu 31-Mar-16 22:13:45

Curl creme is my life saver . Make sure you rub the creme in your hands for about 10 seconds before applying . As others have said leave to dry then scrunch the crispness away

Chocwocdoodah Thu 31-Mar-16 22:59:55

Can I jump in and ask which sls free shampoos and silicone free conditioners you use please?

ItsAllGoodMan Fri 01-Apr-16 11:57:52

Oh yeah forgot to say, like astoria I rub the curl cream between my hands until it turns white. If I use too much my hair goes greasy but my hair is fine so someone with coarse hair could probably use more

slugseatlettuce Fri 01-Apr-16 12:01:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ijustwannadance Fri 01-Apr-16 12:10:46

Do you mean the pink gloopy stuff in a tub?
Yes to Kitkats cover hands and scrunch up method.
I then use diffuser on hairdryer for a more curly look or leave to dry naturally for bigger waves.

Sgtmajormummy Fri 01-Apr-16 12:17:53

Thanks for this thread!
I bought a jar last week, inspired by MN recommendations, and was underwhelmed when I did the usual "fingertip twist" on the ends of my flyaway hair.
I'll try your method now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now