Talk

Advanced search

Going for the chop!....I think

(10 Posts)
chocdonutyy Thu 31-Mar-16 08:12:12

My hair is currently thick, wavy, layered and a bit past bra strap length, I'm thinking of getting it chopped into a long Bob around about shoulder length.
I don't do a great deal to it tbh, just can't get my hair into decent styles, even a simple chopstick bun seems to be beyond me sad
I need it tied back for work so need it long enough to do that, i have to wear a hat so any short funky styles would just be crushed lol!
I think after getting annoyed at it tangling constantly recently and even the cat walking on my hair whilst sitting on the sofa I'm just not sure the pain is worth the long hair.
So practically a chop seems a good idea, anyone gone for it and regretted or loved the decision?

CaptainWarbeck Thu 31-Mar-16 08:14:31

Do it! I chopped off my long hair recently and felt lighter immediately. Easier to wash and dry, more fun to style when you do. Plus, you can always grow it back.

Glitteryfrog Thu 31-Mar-16 08:16:32

I went from the same length to a longish Bob and now it's a jaw length angled one.
I love it, but it needs cutting every six weeks to keep it looking nice.

QueenOfThorns Thu 31-Mar-16 08:18:46

Do it, do it! I'd been thinking about it for years, finally got up the nerve about 3 weeks ago. I went from bra strap length to chin length and I couldn't be happier. Wish I'd done it ages ago!

MrsSparkles Thu 31-Mar-16 08:21:06

Do it! I did it a few months ago into a bob and I love it. Was chin length but grown out a bit now (so it can be tied back). It grows back if you hate it.

Lucylanz Thu 31-Mar-16 10:23:00

Just a word of warning from someone with the same type of hair - take photos and don't describe what you want as a long bob.
I requested the same style and ended up with a 70s layered bob (complete with full fringe!) that I could not do a thing with. That was a year ago and I still haven't been back to a hairdresser.

Glitteryfrog Thu 31-Mar-16 10:42:09

Yes, Pinterest is your friend.
One word of caution, my hair grows quite quickly so I need to go fairly short so it.doesn't reach my shoulders and goes all flicky and annoying between cuts.

AliciaMayEmory Thu 31-Mar-16 10:45:05

I have the same dilemma as you OP! Am booked in for cut and colour this weekend and am toying with having my longish hair chopped into long Bob as it is so da!aged and dry, but I know that as soon as I chop it I'll be wanting to grow it again!

FartyTette Thu 31-Mar-16 10:47:05

Was it you that stole the chops?......

(sorry for hijacking!)

chocdonutyy Thu 31-Mar-16 10:57:29

Thanks ladies, think im going to go for it, I keep looking at random people and women on telly to find the style I'm after so if you see a random woman looking at you and you have a bob it may be me 😃
Alicia, that's part of the reason why, because it's so long there is so much dye on the ends it's always dry, currently about 5 inches is natural hair then a couple of inches of semi permanent then the hard stuff further down, luckily it's faded so you can't tell 😄
My normal hairdressers doesn't open til 12 so I may get van appointment later today but probably will be on Saturday, must remember to take pics!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now