Talk

Advanced search

Love Babyliss Big Hair but...

(15 Posts)
CaptainCorellisBanjo Wed 30-Mar-16 22:31:40

... It makes by hair so greasy. Does anyone have any other gadgets they recommend as an alternative please?

WaitrosePigeon Wed 30-Mar-16 22:39:21

That's very strange. Greasy straight away or?

hownottofuckup Wed 30-Mar-16 22:40:47

Does it? Mine never has, the opposite if anything. How about using a bit of Batiste?

pollyblack Wed 30-Mar-16 22:43:34

How does it make your hair greasy? I have very fine limp hair and my big hair is one of my favourite possessions!!

KayJBee Thu 31-Mar-16 08:41:48

How are you using it? Do you put any product on your hair apart from shampoo or conditioner?
Mine doesn't make it greasy.

cece Thu 31-Mar-16 08:45:55

No grease here either.

Are you putting product on?

SymphonyofShadows Thu 31-Mar-16 08:52:20

I know exactly what you mean OP. I think it could be to do with the 'pulling' action triggering the hair follicles to release oil.

Costacoffeeplease Thu 31-Mar-16 08:57:17

It's the opposite for me too, I normally wash my hair every other day as it's quite long but when I use the big hair it can often go another day

CaptainCorellisBanjo Thu 31-Mar-16 17:43:11

Hmm .. Mainly around my hairline - my hairdresser says it's because the brush rotating stimulates oil production. It's a shame - I absolutely love the end result, genuinely I think it is a life changing gadget but a few hours later it is grease central

FrameyMcFrame Thu 31-Mar-16 17:48:54

Me too, it makes mine lank iyswim
Still love it though

febel Thu 31-Mar-16 18:20:13

Doesn't make mine greasy but can make it look a bit "flat"....but my hair tends towards this..and might be the way I am using it? Tips anyone?!!

louise2011 Thu 31-Mar-16 23:11:55

Me too!! Love the effect but grease bomb by evening

burnishedsilver Thu 31-Mar-16 23:53:15

When i use john frieda root lift blow dry spray with the bbh I get longer between washes than when I use the bbh without any product. It might be worth a try for you.

CaptainCorellisBanjo Fri 01-Apr-16 14:11:12

I'll give that a go - thank you!

Chelsea26 Sat 02-Apr-16 11:28:45

I used to have this problem with whatever I did to my hair. completely solved by doing the following

Most important is washing hair properly
Shampoo twice, rinsing really well after both
Squeeze out as much moisture as you can
Only condition the ends (feels wierd but trust me!)
Comb conditioner through and rinse well, finishing with a cool rinse if you can bear it!

Wrap hair in towel but do not rub it.

Starting at the bottom at the back, section hair, use hair drier till mostly dry (concentrate on roots) and then use the big hair to style - your roots should be pretty dry so you shouldn't need to put the brush right up in them and you shouldn't be pulling at the hair for too long.

Also try to dry hair when you've cooled down or in front of an open window so you don't get too hot.

Works for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now