Please dress me for my BF's wedding in July!

(22 Posts)
LazyDoll Wed 30-Mar-16 22:13:22

Ok so I'm not much of a shopper and usually borrow dresses for weddings from friends with more inclination than me. But this is a special wedding and I really want to get something new. I have been checking out online but keep resorting to navy play safes and wondered if anyone could help me!!

I'm a size 8-10, about 5'7, slim build, olive ish skin, chin length choppy dark brown hair.

The wedding is in a registry office with reception in a village hall and will be pretty informal.

Help me please!!flowers

LazyDoll Wed 30-Mar-16 22:15:30

www.johnlewis.com/coast-lori-lee-lace-short-dress/p2041201?colour=Navy

This is what I'm currently returning to...but I have 2 navy dresses not dissimilar already and think I need to be brave!!

MrsLettuce Wed 30-Mar-16 22:19:40

Sounds like fun! What's your usual sort of style? What sort of budget?

I love this, there's a 10 left but no 8.

MrsLettuce Wed 30-Mar-16 22:32:40

xpost

this is a similar shape to the cost one but lovely and summery
too pricey?

LazyDoll Wed 30-Mar-16 23:28:46

Oooo I love the second two! Especially the Hobbs one!

Much more suited to a summer wedding!

The £150 mark would probably be top of my budget although I could get new bag and shoes if I came in under that!

LazyDoll Wed 30-Mar-16 23:29:43

Usual style not too structured or formal although too drapery and floaty drowns me!

MrsLettuce Wed 30-Mar-16 23:43:57

maybe? Am not 100% on the print
better?
Ooh, this is great. Neckline ok? same in different colour

junebirthdaygirl Thu 31-Mar-16 09:45:12

With that colouring you would be fabulous in a bright colour like purple. Look at the pretty dress company. You can shop by colour and there are a few purple ones that are gorgeous. Sorry can't do links.
With your height shape and colouring you should be shopping everyday!!

LazyDoll Thu 31-Mar-16 21:16:13

Ahhh thanks for your help! I'm coming round to florals although I have NEVER worn them since I was a 5 year old bridesmaid blush. Must. Be. Brave!

LazyDoll Thu 31-Mar-16 21:17:23

junebirthdaygirl that's very sweet of you flowers and purples do sound great. I'll look now!

LazyDoll Thu 31-Mar-16 21:27:11

www.johnlewis.com/l-k-bennett-silk-thea-printed-dress-vermillion/p2603303

Eeek love this (but not the price tag!)

bluejasmin Thu 31-Mar-16 21:33:05

http://m.karenmillen.com/dresses/dept/fcp-category/list

I've linked for all the dresses but I think the blue floral shorter one with the blue waist or the maxi orchid print one would suit your colouring and build .
Ted baker do some gorgeous dresses , also Zara have reasonable priced ones .

LazyDoll Thu 31-Mar-16 21:34:35

Ops posted too soon...and it's a bit long!

bluejasmin Thu 31-Mar-16 21:35:49

This is pretty and less formal and cheap as chips so you could spend more on shoes ...

http://www.silkfred.com/boutiques/dancing-leopard/products/chiquita-dress-innavy-rose

MrsLettuce Thu 31-Mar-16 23:48:32

You absolutely don't have to go for florals! Just though you might like them having seen the cost dress. A good strong, block colour would be great. Am I right in thinking you do want a similar style to the cost dress you posted?

This would work well with navy acessories that you probably already have
very slightly different style to the others

This is off piest but rather lovely , maybe with something like this if you fancied a drop of floral after all [winnk]. Still plenty left in the budget for shoes too.

LazyDoll Fri 01-Apr-16 15:11:30

Nope I'm definitely open to florals as need to get out of my navy rut... That Coast orangey dress is gorgeous!! I'll definitely try that one on!!
Just checking out the other links xx

LazyDoll Fri 01-Apr-16 15:16:29

MrsL thanks for all your help!!
I've just checked out the Coast dress I originally posted and realised it comes in orange (doh!) but isn't available! I think if it was that available I'd get that! I'm definitely drawn to that colour AND the bonus being it'll go with navy jacket and gold accessories. I may have to stalk it to see if it comes back into stock!!

Pinkcadillac Fri 01-Apr-16 15:21:43

I like these
ASOS1
ASOS2

cressetmama Fri 01-Apr-16 17:18:46

Having just bought a dress for my niece's wedding, have you looked at Moi.co.uk? I had never heart of them.

cressetmama Fri 01-Apr-16 17:20:58

Link fail.. Jolie Moi is the company.

Twinklestein Fri 01-Apr-16 19:42:48

Anthropologie

LazyDoll Sat 02-Apr-16 17:34:52

Ooo thanks I'll check all these out...not so keen on the ASOS ones tho x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now