Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheap hydrating night cream?

(13 Posts)
buttermilkpie Wed 30-Mar-16 12:23:48

I am currently using Eucerin hyaluron filler night cream and I find it works great on my dehydrated skin. However I'm currently pregnant and cannot bear the smell of it so need a replacement (it's also a bit more than I'd like to pay).

For the day I use superdrug's simply pure aqua hydrating day cream which seems to work well. As far as I know they don't have a night cream version. I also have their hydrating serum which I love.

Does anyone have any cheap alternatives to Eucerin?

I've just bought Cetaphil (on offer at the mo at Superdrug) and am liking it a lot, three days in. It has no smell at all.

Nabootique Wed 30-Mar-16 13:18:01

I like the Boots Botanics Hydrating day cream (no SPF so fine to use at night as well). I bought it as an emergency product when I was away and was really pleasantly surprised! The cleanser from that range is lovely as well, the dual action, gel to oil one.

DirtyBlonde Wed 30-Mar-16 13:20:53

Boots Cold Cream at £2.49 would be worth a try. It'll leave your skin slightly greasy when you put it on (nice thick layer) but it all gets absorbed overnight.

buttermilkpie Wed 30-Mar-16 13:54:12

Thanks, I'll pop to Boots and have a look at these (and a smell)!

Agree that the Botanics stuff can be lovely, but personally I hated the day cream and have just thrown nearly a full tub away. I found it really runny and unpleasant to use. I do like their night cream though, once I'd got over the v weird colour.

NewYearSameMe Wed 30-Mar-16 14:29:43

I use Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Recovery cream. I have very sensitive skin so I am limited in what I can use, but this is nicely moisturising and very gentle.

MamaLazarou Wed 30-Mar-16 14:57:41

I love Soap & Glory's 'Beauty Sleep Accelerator' (terrible name). It's super hydrating, good value and smells of peaches.

Nabootique Wed 30-Mar-16 15:08:40

Remus Could you have had a bad batch? Mine is a thick gel cream. Maybe I've got a bad batch and it's meant to be runny!

Nabootique Wed 30-Mar-16 15:10:06

Oh, also, Garnier have just released "Moisture Bomb". Tried it on the back of my hand and it does seem lovely. I mention it because it's on offer everywhere at the moment and is only around £5 (I think it's more like £8 full price).

TThis is the one I've just thrown away. No idea if it was a bad batch or not, but I won't be buying it again.

No idea how I ended up with an extra T then! grin

Nabootique Fri 01-Apr-16 08:32:07

Ahhh, I haven't tried that one Remus. This is the one I use www.boots.com/en/Botanics-Hydration-Burst-Hydrating-Day-Cream-50ml_1754230/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now