Talk

Advanced search

Foundation. B40 in YSL is?

(12 Posts)

Not happy with the reformulation of YSL foundation and need to quickly find a new one that is light and dewy. Getting to proper shops and convincing assistants to give me testers is challenging. Any ideas on any options and corresponding shade numbers?

botemp Wed 30-Mar-16 08:49:15

Try the Tempitalia Foudation Matrix you input your existing shade and product (or start from scratch) and you'll get a list of comparable shades in other products.

Thanks I don't think it has the existing ysl one and will have a go from scratch.

mowglik Wed 30-Mar-16 15:49:53

Which foundation? I use B40 in ink fusion and B50 in touche éclat i think its the new formulation that I have.

I also use 31 in dior forever and star and star is lovely and light. Cheaper option is 54 in bourjois healthy mix foundation which is very dewy on me

Look up swatches in google images for any foundation you are interested in and you may get lucky and find some swatched alongside your foundation match.

Thanks will have a look. The YSL new formulation seems to be a slightly different colour to the old.

Will try google images.

midnightmoomoo Wed 30-Mar-16 22:49:20

Try findation.com! It's a database of different foundations so you can put in a shade/make you know suits you and it comes up with a long list of alternatives.

Thanks I looked it's really useful

AuroraPolaris Thu 31-Mar-16 20:54:44

I'm BR40 in Touche Eclat (but it's more neutral - has both yellow and rose undertones) my perfect colour match and fav foundation, so I too am super annoyed they changed the formulation!!!!! I still have quite a bit left though.
Try Chanel VitaLumiere Aqua 30.
Best is if you've still got a bit left from your old one and can take the bottle with you to the shop to compare swatches on the tips of your fingers which are normally a bit rosier then the back of your hand or arm.

louise2011 Thu 31-Mar-16 23:07:33

I have found the exact same!!! Loved the old touché Eclat foundation- perfect colour match.
I was BR20- beauty lady even tried on the new foundation & said perfect match. Had for couple of weeks and horrible- so orange. I am gutted

In the end have managed to try some new ones in the shops and also persuaded then to give samples.

Currently trying to choose between GA Maestro and Nars Sheer Glow. Surprisingly both are seeming quite good which is a relief. Assistants very helpful too.

JillyTheDependableBoot Sat 02-Apr-16 10:16:26

Have you tried Make-up Forever, OP? I loved the YSL TE and actually love this slightly more.

I haven't tried it. Is it only available at Debenhams though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now