Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Practical v style - flat shoe help needed please

(6 Posts)
looki Tue 29-Mar-16 23:49:01

I tried posting this on the brogue thread but my link didn't work so reposting here for opinions please. I'm really torn between these two shoes <I want both pairs of them really but can only get one>

The first ones are stylish, dressier and if on the 'how to look expensive' category would probably fit. The thing is that I walk a lot and have small children and the second pair would suit my lifestyle more. Plus I have always had a thing for white soles <although I know many people hate them>. I think because they are quite a lot more expensive, maybe they aren't so bad looking after all either?

I'd value your opinions before I automatically opt for the first pair.

www.dunelondon.com/finchly-weave-embossed-leather-lace-up-shoe-0077505060001511

or

www.dunelondon.com/fawna-white-cleated-sole-leather-brogue-0848506030010511

Rainatnight Wed 30-Mar-16 01:06:04

I'm not against white soles usually, but there's something about that second pair where the white soles look a bit out of kilter. Too big and too white against the dark shoe?

The first pair are lovely. Is your worry that you'd be less comfortable?

looki Wed 30-Mar-16 01:15:44

Less comfortable is exactly my worry but I agree I'd probably be better off sticking to trainers when pushing the buggy. I don't feel in any way smart though wearing trainers or even converse.

I have a pair of Clark's navy sandal type brogues and I really dislike them. I think that is because of the colour though. Navy brogues scream colder weather to me but they have cutouts which say summer weather. I've never worn them.

Rainatnight Wed 30-Mar-16 01:16:47

If you sold them on eBay, could you get both pairs?

looki Wed 30-Mar-16 01:30:53

I don't want to get both pairs and I've never sold on eBay. I really must look into it though as I have plenty hanging in my wardrobe of barely if ever worn clothes.

libertydoddle Wed 30-Mar-16 09:45:06

I have a black pair of Dune brogues very like your first ones and I can walk miles in them. I plan to get a tan pair soon and would definitely get the first ones you linked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now