Talk

Advanced search

Simple eye makeup fixer pen - substitutes?

(6 Posts)
crossparsley Tue 29-Mar-16 17:02:24

I always bought these in multiples so it has taken me ages to find out they have discontinued them. Shit! They were brilliant. Has anyone found anything as effective? Toying with the idea of buying some simple EMU in bottle and sort of dipping the old pens, but not sure it's the same formulation, and the pen tips have got a bit grubby with use.

Carpaccio Tue 29-Mar-16 17:30:50

How about something like this: www.marksandspencer.com/mascara-correction-buds/p/p22390294?prevPage=plp
www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/rmk-cleansing-cotton-sticks_479-3000994-48604857/
I haven't tried them, so I don't know if they are any good. I have seen other brands selling them too - but much more expensive. I'm sure you can find more online.

The Simple pens are still sold on Amazon.

jenniuol Tue 29-Mar-16 17:34:03

I bought one of those simple pens in home bargains on Sunday for 99p. Might be worth a look. They had loads.

crossparsley Tue 29-Mar-16 17:48:47

Wow, thanks both! I thought this might be a tumbleweed thread. Home Bargains would be a trek (but will def look in if I'm round one of their locations soon) but will try M&S tomorrow - going to a centre with a big branch so high hopes.

ZacharyQuack Tue 29-Mar-16 21:08:11

Pointy cotton swabs and a bottle of micellar water. The tip of the swab fits into the wee hole at the top of the bottle so it can soak up some micellar water without spilling it everywhere. Then you can use the wet end to clean up mistakes and the dry end to dry your skin so you can apply makeup straight away. It's much more hygenic than a makeup remover pen, because you use a clean swab each time.

crossparsley Wed 06-Apr-16 00:55:54

I need something to go in my makeup bag (runny eyes), hang the hygeine! Though for home use I finally see a use for micellar water that could justify the expense, and will try it.

But thanks all - huge shipment of simple pens arrived yesterday so I should be fine for about 4 years, along with the proper oil-blotting sheets from Clean & Clear, like you used to be able to get in Superdrug. I am the master of my face once more.

Did they stop selling the blotting sheets here because the secret ingredient is dioxin, or what?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now