Talk

Advanced search

nails! help!

(3 Posts)
purplefizz26 Tue 29-Mar-16 16:28:21

I am getting married in a few days and am a terrible nail biter.

I grew them a little over the last week in preparation but have had a stressful couple of days and chomped on them sad

I have never had my nails 'done' and when i do manage to grow them a little i just paint them myself.

I am booked in with a nail technician the day before and am lost as to what will be best.

I wanted shellac but think they are too short as they are and i think will make my fingers look stumpy.

Can acrylic ls be put on short nails?

And what are 'gel sculpt' nails?

What would you do?!blush

ThisIsNotARealAvo Tue 29-Mar-16 17:17:09

You can get acrylic or gel tips on short nails. I'm a nail biter and I do it from time to time. They put glue on the nail and stick the tip on, then cut them to the length you want - I have mine only just over finger tip length. Then they put acrylic or gel paste over the top of the whole nail and tip, then shape and paint.

You can also get shellac on short nails and personally I think this looks better unless your nails are really bitten down. It doesn't give you any length but it won't chip and will last ages.

purplefizz26 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:25:07

Really helpful, thanks!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now