Talk

Advanced search

Dress me for a black tie wedding….

(5 Posts)
NotdeadyetBOING Tue 29-Mar-16 15:30:52

So - have been invited to a v. glam black tie wedding. Presumably that means long. If knee length, have various options, but my sense is proper girly GOWN is what is required. Where on earth am I going to find such a thing without spending 4+figures?

PerspicaciaTick Tue 29-Mar-16 15:41:44

Have a look at Justlastseason - lots of evening dresses and cocktail dresses at good prices. I like these ones:
Pretty - but the long bit might be a pain, also in green
Possibly more practical?
very screen goddess

House of Fraser also have a good range of gowns (their word) at reasonable prices:
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women%27s+designer+dresses/301,default,sc.html#http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women%27s+designer+dresses/301,default,sc.html?prefn1=Style&prefv1=Gowns&fix&spcl&ajaxsearchrefinement

Thurlow Tue 29-Mar-16 15:54:53

When I went to a black tie wedding recently, I wore a dress quite like this one, just it had extra sparkles around the waist. It definitely wasn't out of place, there was a mix of women in long and cocktail dresses. I just put some bold jewellery with it.

Is it an all day invite or just the evening?

sweetheart Tue 29-Mar-16 15:54:58

Try ASOS - specifically the Jarlo dresses are beautiful IMO or Chi Chi London

NotdeadyetBOING Tue 29-Mar-16 17:14:58

Ooo - some good ideas there. Many thanks. Who knew House of Fraser did such things??? It's an afternoon/evening thing which makes me even more tempted to go down the long route.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now