help me pick the perfect handbag for my mum please!

(6 Posts)
Onamissionfor2015 Tue 29-Mar-16 10:12:22

My mum has a "big" birthday coming up. She works full time in a smart setting and has very good social life.

Money isn't really a problem for my parents since my siblings and I have moved out but they are careful with money and still seem to treat us more than themselves hmm

Last year I bought my mum a designer purse for her birthday and she was over the moon with it and said its the first designer thing she has ever owned.

Got me thinking I would love to buy her a handbag for her big birthday this year.

I have no idea where to start though! As much as I love my bags they are all river island/next etc.

Budget would be around £300, would need to be a classic style in a dark colour and a decent size ( not clutch but not the huge things all the wags have) she usually just uses the same bag between the office and nights out (unless it's more formal and she has plenty wee bags for this)

Anyone any suggestions on where to start?

IceCreamTuesday Tue 29-Mar-16 10:18:51

Fossil or osprey? If you are anywhere near Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth there are outlet shops for both. You'd get something fantastic for £300. Maybe two! Not sure they're classed as designer though! Otherwise John Lewis always have a good selection.

PollyPerky Tue 29-Mar-16 10:58:15

Coach
Radley
DKNY
Modalu
Ted Baker
French Connection
Aspinall

Maybe decide on a colour then search John Lewis online?

botemp Tue 29-Mar-16 11:07:20

Longchamp? If you're sure she'd like it you can have them personalised (colours, materials, monogram, etc.) and they have a lot more choices beyond the fabric Pliages that would suit your budget.

Carpaccio Tue 29-Mar-16 11:16:45

What about outlets, such as Mulberry? You can call them and they'll tell you what they have in stock and they might also ship to you.

I'd have a look at Tory Burch, Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs and Coach. Longchamp's leather bags are quite nice too.

PollyPerky Tue 29-Mar-16 15:49:24

you won't get much at Longchamps for up to £300. I know- I've looked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now