Talk

Advanced search

I'm in Paris. What shall I buy?

(21 Posts)
InTheGutterLookingAtTheStars Tue 29-Mar-16 08:24:51

I'm thinking skincare from the pharmacy brands, but can't remember what's good. Could use a hot cloth cleanser, daytime serum and moisturiser for oily aging (45) skin.

Mumtodogs Tue 29-Mar-16 09:13:34

Sorry not style and beauty related, but get to la duree for a box of macarons!!! Very jealous!

Whatthefoxgoingon Tue 29-Mar-16 09:21:37

La Roche posay
Vichy
Bioderma
Caudalie

polyhymnia Tue 29-Mar-16 16:14:02

Except you can get the Laduree macaroons in London now. Bioderma is good - you can get it here too but not all that easily. Caudalienare in Space NK, but might be cheaper there.

cressetmama Tue 29-Mar-16 16:21:18

Seconding Bioderma, especially their Crealine micellar and the hyaluronic serum. Their Atoderm products are also very good for everyday mild bodywash and lotions. I like the Intense versions which soothe my occasional dermatitis rather well.

USERNAME213 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:22:18

La Roche posay

ilovemyteddy Tue 29-Mar-16 22:13:16

Most of the French pharmacy brands are much cheaper in Paris than they are here.

Embryolisse cream is fabulous and almost half the price over there.

Nettletheelf Tue 29-Mar-16 23:39:04

You seldom see Klorane shampoo in the UK but it's in most French pharmacies. It's fab.

Annarose2014 Tue 29-Mar-16 23:41:14

The Vichy Aqualia serum is amazing, its a drink in a bottle.

ChristianGreysAnatomy Tue 29-Mar-16 23:43:44

Go to Merci and buy everything you can afford!

Verbena37 Tue 29-Mar-16 23:44:13

I'd buy a lovely handbag too. smile

InTheGutterLookingAtTheStars Wed 30-Mar-16 08:22:39

Brilliant - thanks everyone! Shopping tomorrow so will let you know what I go for!!

JackandDiane Wed 30-Mar-16 09:57:11

thousands of threads on this - look in archives

FrustratedFrugal Wed 30-Mar-16 16:36:10

This charming old blog post lists the usual stuff but some more unusual items as well. Enjoy!

ladedah Wed 30-Mar-16 23:52:54

last time I was in Paris I finally went to city pharma - it's apparently cheaper than the other pharmacies. it's small and packed - search the name online for opening hours & tips on best times to go. they have lots of offers, sets and free gifts plus staff who can advise on what to get. it's really great there, definitely try to go!

pupsiecola Thu 31-Mar-16 10:02:33

A Sequoia handbag:-

www.sequoiaparis.com/

polyhymnia Thu 31-Mar-16 11:26:46

Another vote here for city pharma.

maradesbois Thu 31-Mar-16 15:36:09

I second klorane products for hair. I swear by the chamomile shampoo and conditioner, have been using for years and still works brilliantly without buildup, also the lait d'avoine (oatmilk) shampoo for dc.

InTheGutterLookingAtTheStars Thu 31-Mar-16 16:30:19

Well that was a bloody disaster! I made a list of what I was going to get, researched the prices in the uk online and converted them to Euros and planned to hit the shops today. I Found it difficult to get to a pharmacy today as had the kids in tow - I can't shop with them around. So thought well there'll be one at the airport. Went through security to where most of the shops are and found the ps4 stations to lose the kids for a bit... Only to find the only pharmacy is the other side of security! Am gutted and consoling myself with wine 😔

polyhymnia Thu 31-Mar-16 18:17:04

Ah, yes, it's hard to enjoy a good parapharmacie with young children in tow. Shame. But most of the brands mentioned are available here and I haven't found much price difference (at least since the euro came in, ages ago).

InTheGutterLookingAtTheStars Thu 31-Mar-16 20:30:53

Thanks Poly. Next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now