Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

C-section scar removal/revision - any recommendations?

(11 Posts)
BipBippadotta Mon 28-Mar-16 22:00:01

I would like to have my c-section scar removed / minimised, possibly as part of a mini tummy tuck. Has anyone had this done? And moreover, can anyone recommend a good surgeon?

BipBippadotta Tue 29-Mar-16 13:03:07

Anyone?

nearlyovertherainbow Tue 29-Mar-16 13:19:12

I didn't know you could confused Watching with interest.....

BipBippadotta Tue 29-Mar-16 15:14:22

I didn't know either until chancing upon it on the internet & becoming obsessed. Doesn't look like many people have done it though. Perhaps not a good idea to be an early adopter...

mrsvilliers Tue 29-Mar-16 16:19:58

Is it the scar or the excess around it that bothers you? Every so often I dream of getting the area around my scar removed with lipo...

BipBippadotta Tue 29-Mar-16 18:31:14

Everything, really - the scar's stuck on one side and is huge & uneven, and then I've got a little bit of wrinkly skin that pools over it when I sit down. Don't think I'd mind so much except I also lost the baby so having to look at the scar all the time makes me extra depressed.

nearlyovertherainbow Wed 30-Mar-16 15:16:49

OP, I'm so sorry for your loss flowers

mrsvilliers Thu 31-Mar-16 09:22:50

Oh OP I'm so sorry to hear that. Big hugs.

hugoagogo Thu 31-Mar-16 10:04:28

So sorry to hear that Bip

I've had two emcs and the scar is pretty much gone now. It took a good while to fade though, but I would worry that any surgery might just make it worse.

Its would likely have an emotional impact on you too, have you had any counselling?

BipBippadotta Thu 31-Mar-16 13:53:10

Thanks, all. Have had loads of counselling, and lots of support from family. Just thinking that it would be nice to feel confident about my body again. To wear a bikini even, or a fitted dress that doesn't dip in where the scar is. It's not so much the look of the scar itself, but the fact that it's essentially diagonal & stuck on one side so it creates a ledge of tissue.

mrsvilliers Fri 01-Apr-16 07:02:05

I have heard of people paying for a subsequent private c section and having their previous scar removed at the same time. I'm sure someone on here will have good advice but not sure S and B is the place for it. Maybe contact MNHQ and see if they can move it flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now