Talk

Advanced search

Need a dress / ensemble for stylish 40th birthday party

(3 Posts)
MelanieWiggles Mon 28-Mar-16 15:34:42

My best friend lives in New York and is turning 40 next month. Her husband is throwing her a surprise party and myself and another friend are going over for the weekend (we are all turning 40 this year so wanted to do something to mark the occasion and the party was the perfect excuse!).

I have been looking for an outfit for the party for the last few weeks and am starting to get desperate. She is very stylish and most of her NY friends are too from what I have seen ! So looking for the holy grail - a dressy outfit (dress / trousers / top) suitable for dinner and drinks. I am drawing a complete blank so would welcome any help that mumsnet can offer !

In terms of vital statistics - I'm size 14, 5'6", hourglass shape (boobs and hips) long blonde hair, v pale skin.

Thanks in advance !

MrsLettuce Mon 28-Mar-16 19:29:21

What sort of budget? Any colours you love or refuse to wear?

MelanieWiggles Mon 28-Mar-16 20:30:42

Budget probably up to £250 or so but willing to go a bit further as it will be something I will hopefully get more wear out of.

I'm not massively keen on florals (although they seem to be huge in the shops this year so will keep an open mind!) or something with a lot of pattern. I don't really like black but again, will be flexible for the right dress or outfit ! I think I look better in cool colours (purple, deep red/pink, teal, navy etc).

Thanks a million 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now