Talk

Advanced search

Cleansing routine advice

(4 Posts)
SpringForward16 Sun 27-Mar-16 22:25:20

Would love some advice about my skincare routine please! My skin is pretty horrendous at the moment as I'm basically lazy (too knackered before bed to do a proper routine) and my diet ain't great. Plus sleep is sparse thanks to youngest Dc.

I am 35 with oilyish skin and am prone to breakouts which I currently have around my jawline. I have some lines on my forehead (grrr - I thought oily skin was supposed to age more slowly!!) and I can also get dryish patches around eyes and in the corner of my nose. My lips are always dry and flaky. Overall though my skin tends to look shiny, with enlarged pores on my forehead, spots around jawline (and on cheeks) and lines on forehead.

Would be so grateful for those of you that know about skincare to give me a bit of advice with regards to routine and products that might work. I want to invest in some decent products and get a good routine going in an attempt to improve my skin!!

scandichick Sun 27-Mar-16 22:33:18

People say great things about Caroline Hirons' cheat sheets to get started, maybe look that up?
I don't have your skin type, but an Asian Beauty routine has made a huge difference to me. A lot of people with acne have seen great results - cleansing with a low ph cleanser seems to be a key step for them. I'd recommend looking up the Asian Beauty subreddit on Reddit, lots of information for newbies. There's a Korean Beauty megathread on here as well.

I don't think it's so much the products, and definitely not the price - it's more finding the right thing for your skin, and sticking to it.

Kennington Sun 27-Mar-16 22:33:29

Not an expert but I use the following and I have oily ish skin on the centre and dry cheeks and had larger pores and redness in the past.

Oil cleanse then bar soap (waitrose sensitive) cleanse the centre
Grapeseed oil or a v fine oil on lines
Normaderm acid toner on nose
Lanolips on lips and eyes - this stuff is amazing!
Redermic r once a week but am reducing this as I don't have much of an effect.
If skin is v dry then eucerin 5 night cream
My skin is now the best it has ever been and I don't need to wear foundation just a couple of dots of concealer

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 27-Mar-16 22:37:52

I'm double cleansing with merumeya balm, then I use a nip fab extreme glycolic pad every other night.

La Roche posay effaclar duo cream night and day, Aldi moisturiser on my neck.

Plus city block every single day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now