Talk

Advanced search

Hair colour removing and re-colouring

(6 Posts)
Judydreamsofhorses Sun 27-Mar-16 21:39:49

Can anyone help, please? My hair's far too dark, so I'm planning to use the Scott Cornwall colour remove product - similar to Colour B4. I used it before Christmas and it worked brilliantly, taking my hair to a light auburn-y colour, but I stupidly put a permanent colour on immediately afterwards and it re-oxidised and I ended up right back where I started.

My plan is this:

Friday night, do the colour remover. Wash hair a couple of times afterwards.
Saturday afternoon, stick on a level one six-wash, no-peroxide colour so I can go out on Saturday night

My question is:

How soon after that can I do a permanent colour? I wash my hair every day.

(My hair's in a Louise Brooks style bob, about ear-length, if that makes any difference.)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Sun 27-Mar-16 22:30:41

You should ideally wait 7 days 3 washes after you use decolour remover before you recolour.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 27-Mar-16 22:38:49

Thanks, isthatwhat - it's the days/washes that's confusing me. If I wash my hair every day as standard, does that mean I can colour with a permanent in three days?

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Sun 27-Mar-16 22:45:49

No. Leave for 7 days before you recolour. 3 washes is almost every other day over 7 days.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 27-Mar-16 22:48:17

Okay, brilliant, thanks - but the level one is fine straight away?

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Sun 27-Mar-16 22:53:31

I would assume so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now