loader

Talk

Advanced search

New YSL Touche Eclat Foundation - Reformulated

(18 Posts)
CoolToned Sun 27-Mar-16 02:29:33

Reviews please!

MustBeThin Sun 27-Mar-16 12:00:20

Well I don't know how well it wears throughout the day as I didn't even get to leave the house wearing it. Got a sample of my usual B10 shade looked fine in the bottle and on the back of my hand but when I applied it to my face it looked horribly orange, had to take it off. I'd definitely get a sample first.

CoolToned Sun 27-Mar-16 14:27:18

MustBeThin - thank you! I was just about to order the B10!

TheBananaFaceOfEvil Sun 27-Mar-16 14:29:27

Yes, I got a sample of my usual shade and had the same problem. Way too dark.

CoolToned Sun 27-Mar-16 21:18:57

TheBananaFaceOfEvil - what's your usual shade?

TheBananaFaceOfEvil Sun 27-Mar-16 21:24:32

BD30, I think. Come to think of it, she gave me a sample of BD20. I have read that they've changed the shades. Which is a PITA because that shade was perfect for me.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 27-Mar-16 21:24:55

I'm B50 and my shade is the same but I really don't like it as much. Not as dewy.

CoolToned Sun 27-Mar-16 21:29:35

TheBananaFaceOfEvil - Does the BD20 lean orange? I think I'd be BD10 but there's no BD10 here, just B10.

KenDoddaDadsDog - is it heavier/thicker than the old one?

BlueThursday Sun 27-Mar-16 21:33:31

I have to be honest I've gone right off it. I've been using Boots own version and it's working better for me right now

BlueThursday Sun 27-Mar-16 21:35:11

blush read that as just touché Eclat. Should read the posts before adding rather than just title!

andadietcoke Sun 27-Mar-16 21:39:31

I was a BR30 and am the same in the new formulation. I hated it when it was applied - just looked flat and cakey but that was in the dept store lights. In natural light, with blusher on, it was lovely, and I went back to buy it. Using the matching primer too which is lovely, and doesn't cause me to break out like other silicone based primers.

TheBananaFaceOfEvil Sun 27-Mar-16 21:52:43

The BD20 is very yellow. It's just too dark for me. But I have gone v pale this winter.

suze28 Sun 27-Mar-16 22:36:02

I've got a decent sized sample of BR20 which shade wise matches really well. I've got normal skin and don't find it particularly dewy or glowy which is what I was hoping for. I find it dries very quickly so you can't hang about applying it. I wouldn't go and buy a full sized bottle.

gonegrey56 Sun 27-Mar-16 22:53:42

I really do not like the new formula . Far too heavy and does not blend well, and my normal shade B10 is now too yellow . Get a sample before you buy, the sales assistant seemed to share my disappointment and insisted I sample it before committing to a purchase .

Oh no, I've just run out and have ordered a new one online without realising it had changed.

So that might have to go back then.

Goodness knows what I could use instead. I've used this for ages. If the new one is going to be heavier I won't like that.

Nars, Laura Merrier, any ideas?

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 28-Mar-16 06:49:27

It's not heavier as in thicker . It does last longer but you have to blend it very quickly .

TheBananaFaceOfEvil Mon 28-Mar-16 10:38:40

I'm using the Givenchy Teint Couture balm. Not as dewy but I do like it so far.

In the interim I'm giving Bourjois another go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now