Talk

Advanced search

Another new ageing symptom - 'tired' wrinkles

(5 Posts)
cakedup Sat 26-Mar-16 19:11:19

I am 43. I've noticed since hitting 40 that my body finds new ways of reminding me that I am no longer 25 getting older.

The latest one - 'tired' wrinkles. If I dare to have 6.5 half hours or less sleep, I will wake up with huge deep creases under my eyes which will last the whole day. Like I've literally aged 8 years overnight. An early night will then revert my eye wrinkles back to the usual amount.

WTAF?? Why does this happen? Does it happen to you?

Talisin Sat 26-Mar-16 19:20:24

I started getting this a couple of years ago. My solution is a hydrating serum (I use Superdrug Pure serum as it's cheap as anything) before bed under whatever moisuriser I'm using and then a pricier hyaluronic acid serum in the morning. I still get dark circles if I don't get enough sleep but the wrinkles are gone.

PestilentialCat Sat 26-Mar-16 19:35:29

I find higher pillows help & less alcohol, generally keeping more hydrated. I use a Clinique eye product - probably no better than Talisin's one from Superdrug.

I always sleep on the same side of my face so that side is older more wrinkly from being creased overnight. hmm

cakedup Sat 26-Mar-16 21:55:53

I only use Indeed eye cream for under my eyes but just about to order some stuff from Paula's choice which will hopefully make a difference.

Pestilential I don't drink very much but when I do, I don't sleep very well so do get the tired wrinkles then. I can understand alcohol causing them (dehydration) but getting less sleep? I'm not sure why that would cause such an increase of wrinkles.
I do need higher pillows anyway, my ones are flat and uncomfortable.

hugoagogo Sat 26-Mar-16 22:19:45

My ear lobes are now wrinkly tbusad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now